Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 9 August 2018

Counting!

Sometimes things just seem to stack up! 
Years ago I used to work in an office where things came to me in piles of paperwork clipped together in a bulldog clip, I was one of the youngest in the office and I had to input the data from the invoices of suppliers and then calculate the bills to the customers for work done - I had a machine that worked on electricity that broke down regularly which then meant switching to one with a handle. If you know me I am not so keen on numbers so this was not my ideal job.
I left the job to continue my education, first an Further Education college then off to Teacher Training college. 
For most of the years I was teaching I was in my ideal job (I won't go into the ones that weren't) and over the years I counted my blessings that I wasn't still in that office!
As it is now around exam results time I want to say to all those youngsters that maybe don't get the results they wanted first time around to always remember that anything is possible - you may not get want you want immediately but if you work for it and have patience, you can make it happen!
Looking back and counting blessings is very satisfying!


I got so into creating this background that I totally forgot to take any photos.
It was very simple though, I added the paint with my fingers (probably as well I didn't take any pics!)I added a JOFY alphabet stamp(Set 63) and some Everything Art circles from set EEA06 Next, a little bit of doodling and then the image (from a wallpaper sample that we thought we might use in our hall - didn't in the end!)I watered down the claret paint a little and stamped the Sara Nauman (ESN04) quote onto the paper.

I am entering at Paper Artsy topic 13- the theme is to use the colours Mint, Sage, Claret and Gold  
and 
Art Journal Journey where Elizabeth's theme is 'Count Your Blessings'

Thanks for looking, Chris

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page Chris. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

You know, your story is so true. Sometimes we need to take rights and lefts and other turns before we find our way to a place where we want to be. I loved reading your story today Chris. And love your page just as much. The story makes the big clip on your page so significant. hugs-Erika

Annie said...

Love your journal page Chris x Great to hear your story too, especially with exam results being released x
TFS and huge hugs
Annie x

Christine said...

I so agree with you about exam results - I resat my French O level 20 years later and passed .....didn't need it but always wanted to pass that exam!!!

Meggymay said...

A super post to read Chris and wise words for for everyone as well as our young folk waiting for results.
You are never to old to learn.
I love your journal page and the story you shared in this post.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is a wonderful journal page, Chris. It made me consider how I took the ACT (American College Testing, used mostly for college admissions in the U.S. and Canada), then the GRE (Graduate Record Exam for graduate and postgraduate school) needed to get my Ph.D. I think you created the perfect page for those getting ready to go to college, because anything IS possible.

I loved the back story about your office job. Those bulldog clips hold lots of pages, so I don't envy you that job. I couldn't believe that bulldog clip was a wallpaper sample. We certainly don't get that kind of wallpaper here in the states. It is perfect for your lovely page AND that incredible background. Thanks for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey. I am so happy you have been so supportive of my theme this month.

froebelsternchen said...

I loved reading your career story of finding the right place to work and the best work for you! I love the page and say thank you once again for joining us at AJJ - and supporting us in such a wonderful way Chris! A wonderful entry- I love the inspirited background and that positive quote so much! What a wonderful page !
I was blessed to have found the best for me job at the first attempt as I was young. Working in a bookstore and in a publishing house for more than 20 years and there was really no single day boring for me.
My daughter as she gets hopefully her A level next July is thinking about and searching for a dicipline of study just now and it is so much more to choose from since I was at that age.
I can't really help her - but I am sure she will find something to her liking !

Big hugs, Susi

Cath Wilson said...

Sorry, Chris - just realised my last comment covered both posts... didn't mean that to happen. Great page and I, too, count my blessings on that score...I really must try finger painting!

Cath x

Helen said...

I'm not that fond of finger painting. but I love your page and your blessings!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, your page is amazing! The way you combined and layered the colours is beautiful and I love the quote, so true 😁. Happy Friday and have a lovely weekend too! J 😊 x

craftytrog said...

Super page Chris! I love those colours! xxx