Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 14 August 2018

T Stands For....the hawk on my head!

Well, a Kestrel actually!

We had a lovely day out at Lowther Country Show last Saturday!
A backdrop of the castle and lots to see!


 The display was brilliant and afterwards we called by the area where the hawks were on perches and while we were chatting with the owner he asked would I like to hold one, so I did and then he popped it on my head while he carried on talking to hubby - it felt amazing!
We saw these in one of the marquees..
Must say I wasn't so keen on the frog disappearing in to the snakes mouth!!They are made from carved sheep's horns.
We watched a display of Cossack riders and went back after lunch to see them from a different angle!




We also watched some pig races!!!
We had taken coffee, and drank it before we set off walking around and took sandwiches too but decided after eating them in the car at lunchtime that we would walk up to the castle to use their 'facilities' and treat ourselves too!
Of course Bleubeard and Elizabeth invite us every Tuesday to share our drinks (and food sometimes)over at The Altered Booklover
  

Here is one patient hubby waiting for me to take some scone(it was huge!!)to go with his tea and my Filter coffee.
After lunch we went back to the show and walked by the river - there was a fly fishing demonstration on and in one of the tent at the side they were making 'flies'. 

Well, I just had to have a go!!!
Some of the flies are beautiful - the man let me keep mine so I don't think it was quite what they wanted!!! It's in a little jar at the caravan - just in case I ever get the yearning to go fly fishing!!!

I am late because tomorrow we are having a Messy Day and I have been preparing samples and supplies to make the day (fingers crossed) run smoothly! I've got 10 ladies coming and the chef is cooking us lunch!!

I'll show you photos next week!
Meanwhile, I may be some time before I come avisiting!!!
Thanks for looking, Chris

    

18 comments:

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Messy Day (capitalized)? I look froward to hearing what that's all about.

The Lowther Country Show looked really fun. The Cossack riders were amazing!
I once had a photo-op with a huge iguana draped around my neck. I won't be sharing that one - lol. You're braver than I am, Chris.

Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

My name is Erika. said...

That looks like a really fun day out. I don't know what is more amazing-the kestrel on your head or those cossack riders. I'd like to see it all, and I'd even enjoy tying some flies. Glad you shared your day with us. Hope it was a wonderful T day. hugs-erika

Karla B said...

I guess you had a wonderfu day. So many amazing thingd to see. Love your country!Hope everything is well at your end!

CJ Kennedy said...

What a cool thing to have a hawk sit on your head. Very Harry Potterish. The Lowther Country show looks like a fun time. Those walking sticks are pretty cool. i think i like the owl the best. The Cossack riders look like a scene out of a movie. One of the fellows I worked with many years ago tied his own flies. They were quite beautiful. Happy T Day

Kate Yetter said...

Looks like such a fun day. It reminds me of the medieval renaissance faire that we have.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fun day you had. You share the most AMAZING places with us.

It was fun to see the Kestrel on your head and it was great to follow you around the Lowther Country Show, too.

I'm like Kate. These photos and costumes remind me of our Renaissance Fairs. Of course, there's no awesome castle in the background like in your photo.

Gosh Chris, seems to me you would be happy there is one less frog in the world (GRIN). But I agree that it was rather crude. I LOVED the owl and the foxes were pretty cool, too.

It must have been fun to see the Cossack performers. They certainly put on quite a show.

I look forward to seeing your fly. You remind me of me. I will try anything (within reason) once. It sounds like fun and getting to keep your fly was great.

Looks like you and T had a great scone, too. I am so hungry for one. I want to taste a real one, not an Americanized one. And of course, your coffee was perfect for T day, too.

Thanks for sharing your trip to the Lowther Country Show and sharing your coffee with us for T this Tuesday.

I look forward to learning more about messy day and a real chef preparing your lunch. BTW, read your coke comment. Those are PLASTIC coke bottles.

jinxxxygirl said...

Such a busy exciting life you lead Chris.. Always love catching up with you and hubby!! Happy happy T day! Hugs! deb

Valerie-Jael said...

That country show looked fun. Nice photo with the kestrel on your head.Have a fun day with your visitors, happy T Day, Valerie

johanna said...

these walking sticks really are fascinating! but i´m not sure how i would feel with a bird in the hair;)
wishing you a great "messy day";) and looking forward to a report of it:)
happy belated t-day!

Meggymay said...

Gosh you were brave letting the kestrel sit on your head. It looks like it was a fun day out, all your photos were super. Country fairs seem so relaxed and enjoyable.
I hope you messy day went well. I'm sure everyone will have had a lovely time. I'm looking forward to seeing what you were all making as well.
Sorry I am late with the tea day wishes, have a great day today.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

Great photos Chris! Looks like you both had a wonderful day! Xxx

Mrs.B said...

Great photos of your day out Chris, you were brave letting the Kestrel sit on your head, hope it didn't poop!
Enjoy your messy day with the ladies and I look forward to seeing the outcome.
Avril xx

Rita said...

OMGosh! What fun! All of it!! :)

Divers and Sundry said...

What an exciting event in a gorgeous location! I look forward to hearing about Messy Day :) Happy T Day!

Sharon Madson said...

What fun you all have all the time! Love the tricks on the horses. I had a tropical bird land on my head one time in an inside exhibit at the zoo one time! Thanks for the lovely post! Happy belated Tea Day!

Neet said...

Wish we lived closer so I could come to your Messy Day. Also wish I had known about the Lowther Country Show. Looks fabulous! Love the kestrel on your head - fantastic! I think I have seen those Cossack riders but I have never seen pigs having a race - sounds hilarious.
Love the walking sticks, especially the owls head - what a great day out.
Hugs and Thanks for sharing, Neet xx

Let's Art Journal said...

What a wonderful day out and how exciting to get so close to the kestrel ...lol 😉. Those walking sticks are amazing and I enjoyed seeing the horse riders too. My hubby's face sometime looks like that while waiting for photos...lol 😀...that scone is absolutely massive! I hope your Messy Day was a great success and wishing you a Belated Happy T Day! J 😊 x

sheila 77 said...

Hello Chris, that looks like a great day out including a monster scone (a day out is not complete without a scone). That was brave of you letting the hawk sit on your head and the Cossack riders looked fascinating and really fun to watch.
Like Johanna I am hoping to see some results from your Messy Day as I love making Messy Pages.
I am a little late commenting from last Tuesday so I'll just say "Happy Tea Weekend!.