Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 7 August 2018

Singing at Try It On Tuesday!

We have a new challenge at Try It On Tuesday and I must admit to being spoilt for choice - the theme is 'Inspired By A Song'!
The Design Team have some wonderful examples to inspire you but I am sure you will have your own favourite, whether it be a hymn, a pop song from your youth( :-)!!!) or something that reminds you of a certain person or event!
As usual the challenge runs for two weeks and the rules for entry are here. 

I do tend to sing along to music in public places and at home I sing along to music that I play while crafting! I was introduced to 'Imagine Dragons's music a few years ago and at the moment I hop between them, American Authors and the Lumineers on my craft room music player.
One of my favourites is 'I'm on Top Of The World, Hey!' I do hope you will take at this clip - I think it may make you smile!

I have made a journal page about Billy.
Billy has been back from his travels for a while now and is heading for his 100th birthday! 
I started with a page that had gone a little bit wrong!
I added some stencilling through a swirly stencil using blues and greens and stamped some music.
 The map was a paper bag that was in a stationery set I bought in a sale - I cut it open and snipped the top off.
 I folded it and scuffed the folds and added some creases, finger marks and rips - Billy carried this in his pocket to plan his travels, not that he planned a lot, if he found somewhere he liked he hung around for a while.
I added tickets, post office stamps(this was inspired by being in a post office recently when a man came in for a stamp on his sheet as he was doing a charity walk from Lands End to John O'Groats in the UK)
Billy also had a calendar sheet, he marked some days in green, some in blue and he won't tell what they are marked for!
I added some quotes



Once back from his travels he had a special poster made by a photographer friend, it's a little dog eared now but is still on the wall in his living room as a reminder of his youth!
Of course in Billy's youth he used to listen to his Grandad's  gramophone record of Al Jolson singing 'I'm Sitting on Top Of The World' and is the song he used to hum to himself while on his travels!
Billy's wanderlust led him to work on the railways so he still got to travel with his little family on subsidised tickets for many years.
I'm just going to pop round to Billy's now and play him the version I sing along to - do you think he will like it? Oh!I could be gone for a while, Billy likes to chat!!

Thanks for looking, Chris

12 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

I think he will like it! I at least I LOVE it! Great spread Chris!
Hugs, Susi

Meggymay said...

Yes he will love this page and I'm sure would display it for all to see. A great post to read and see the photos of how you created it, I enjoyed the video clip and it is a super catchy rhythm.
Yvonne xx

Marjut said...

Great page, I like it :)

My name is Erika. said...

I would have never guessed there was a mistake on the page. You covered it up nicely and added some very very cool images! Great page! hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page inspired by a wonderful song! I haven't seen the video before and you were right it did make me smile ...lol 😉. The map paper looks beautiful and I loved hearing how Billy's story realted to the design elements you added too - perfect! Happy Tuesday! J 😊 x

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Chris and I love the story of Billy. Hadn't heard of these before and it's such a great video that I'm sure Billy will enjoy.
Avril xx

Joan said...

Love it Chris and the story that goes along with it, good use of the paper bag map too

Joan x

Helen said...

great spread and great story too...

Crafting Queen said...

Great journal pages.

Rosie said...

A wonderful project, love the song

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

What a clever story around the theme. Love your page, Chris.

Eileen

craftytrog said...

A fabulous page Chris! xx