Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 24 August 2018

Small pleasures

I am in the middle of sorting out my craft room -yes again!It's little bit like painting a large building, you get to the finish and before you know it it's time to start again!!!
We are also making preparations for our holiday!
As well as doing that we have been out(just a little bit!) and I have had some birthday cards to make.

I did finish off this journal page though!
It is in my A6 journal and I had stencilled through a Brigit Koopsen favourite.
I added some more stencilling, some stamping and some flowers I had punched out of some scraps. I used some of my new Jane Davenport tapes too and then added a Kim Dellow quote stamp that I hadn't returned to it's box - it seemed to sum everything up! Finally some spatter!!!

I am joining Elizabeth at Art Journal Journey for her 'Count Your Blessings' theme.
I am counting the little things that make our life great!

Thanks for looking, Chris

12 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

So beautiful Chris! Oh yes - little things make our life great! That's for sure!
I love the depth and the textures and those bits of the tape make such a fantastic look and the final detail of splatters is fantastic! GORGEOUS art! Another fantastic entry linked to Elizabeth's theme!
You really rock!Thank you for all the fantastic pages!
Happy sorting out and happy start of the weekend!
Big hugs, Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a pretty page! The summery colours and layers of stencilling are gorgeous 😁. Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊 x

Meggymay said...

A lovely page Chris and sweet washi tale figures. Hope the sort out goes to plan, my craftroom has been under the same promise for years.
Yvonne xx

Helen said...

what a pretty page. Good luck with your sort out... I should do the same...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I had to laugh at the comment that you just get a building painted and it needs it again. I SO agree with you on my craft space, too.

I really enjoyed this lovely journal spread. Are those little girls made of washi tape? I love it. And I am so impressed with the background and for making the little things seem more important, too. Thanks for sharing this at Art Journal Journey and my theme there.

My name is Erika. said...

Cool page Chris. That Jane Davenport tape is nice. I haven't seen it. Have a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Pretty page with sunny colours. Hugs, Valerie

Jeannette said...

wonderful page with beautiful vibrant colors,and the jane davenport tape is pretty,love it all!
happy weekend.


hugs jenny

Caty said...

Wow Chris, this is a so gorgeous Art journal page !! Love this fabulous background you have created, gorgeous colours too, very happy !! love it.
I wish you a very nice afternoon, big hugs, Caty

Rita said...

So pretty, Chris Love the colors.

Yes, the cleaning and sorting seems endless. ;)

Joan said...

Fab page Chris, love the washi tape figures. I've given up on trying to organise my craft stuff, tonight I just found an A4 box full of images etc that I used when I liked to do collage cards, I like them too much to throw then away!

Joan x

Words and Pictures said...

Such a lovely summery page - beautiful colours. I fear a larger move is in the offing, so I've been putting off reorganising the craft room though it's urgently in need. Good luck with yours!
Alison x