Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 21 August 2018

Being taken for a ride.....

Hi everyone,I'm referring to the new theme at Try It On Tuesday which is 'Take A Ride'! The Design Team have been travelling on all sorts of things and would love you to take a look! 
My mode of travel is rather unusual but reminds me of a time when I was still teaching and had been late leaving after some training. It was late January and dark and I had about 18 miles to travel via the Motorway. I had almost reached the end of the motorway when my engine suddenly cut out - fortunately I could coast onto the hard shoulder - if it had been quarter of a mile earlier I would have been in the middle of the motorway as we were near a junction!

It was cold and raining and I stood up on the bank between the motorway and the slip road at the junction waiting, fortunately not for long.

I started my journal page with some random stamping.

I added the truck(7 Gypsies) on some corrugated card and a piece of rusty looking paper I have been saving for a while - made with lots of metallic sprays.
The words came from part of some Tim Holtz snarky words and three sheets of book paper I have at our caravan.
I could hardly believe that I found all of the words that sum up my story, which as you can see ended up with my car being brought the last couple of miles home and me riding in the cab.
I added some rusty looking spatter which shows better here


Our challenge runs for the next two weeks and the rules are here! I'm looking forward to seeing where you Take A Ride, especially as many of you have been on holiday!

I am entering the Count Your Blessings theme that has been chosen by Elizabeth this month at Art Journal Journey!
On that day I was counting my blessings that we belonged to the AA(Automobile Association)and that I had a mobile (cell)phone on which to call them! Thanks for reminding me indirectly Elizabeth!!

Thanks for looking, Chris

17 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I think we all dread situations like this Chris, glad you did not have to wait long!! Your journal page is magnificent and i'm loving that truck, isn't it fantastic. Super effective.
Thanks for sharing.
Wishing you a creative day Tracey xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what an amazing page! The truck is out of this world and you created such a fabulous design with the beautiful stamped background, corrugated card, rusty paper and copper splatters - stunning 😁. I can't believe that you found all the right words on those book pages, how perfect is that! Glad your car problems turned out ok in the end and thanks for sharing your wonderful page 😀. Wishing you a happy new week! J 😊 x

froebelsternchen said...

OMG - stunnning! This is simply FANTASTIC Chris!

Mrs.B said...

The truck is fabulous Chris, and I love how you've made the page from your own story. Great background for your page and I love the rusty look.
Avril xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic piece, love that truck! Hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

that's one of the things that stopped me enjoying driving, the fear of that happening. Great truck though.

Meggymay said...

Its a fantastic page Chris and I liked reading the story behind it , Although it cannot have been a happy time to get rescued from the motorway. I also love the truck image you used.
Yvonne xx

Marjut said...

Wow, you have created a fantastic page.

Divers and Sundry said...

I remember the same thing happening to me, and you've caught it perfectly!

My name is Erika. said...

Why is it cars always break down when you've had an extra long work day and you are on the highway. I love your page and that 7Gypsies truck is amazing. It really looks great on your page. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fabulous back story. Today YOU (not me, of course) would have a cell phone and not have to wait long for help. But then, there might not have been that luxury.

You found the most impressive embellishment to go with your stiry. That is a wonderful old truck. Of course, the rusty paper you added was fabulous, too. I'm always drawn to rust. It's a beautiful entry, Chris.

Joan said...

Fabulous card Chris, love that battered looking truck and the grungy background

Joan x

Rosie said...

Wow, Chris, your page is fabulous, love it

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Thank you SO much for also sharing this beauty at Art Journal Journey. You have actually blessed ME!!!

Caty said...

Woww Chris... What a so gorgeous Art page !! Love the colours you have choosen, and this truck is so so amazing !! Wonderful background.
Nice to read your car is ok now.
I wish you a very nice afternoon, big hugs, Caty

froebelsternchen said...

Great to see this amazing page linked to Elizabeth's theme at AJJ as well! Thank you Chris!

Words and Pictures said...

Love the vintage urban grungy style of this - that tow truck is so cool, and the corrugated roadway is a great touch.
Alison x