Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 1 April 2022

Play It again at Art Journal Journey

 Hi everyone, another month has flown by, the fun continues for me...I really enjoyed Valerie's 'Spring' theme and now we have Alison as our host at Art Journal Journey with her theme of 'Play It Again' and she would like us to create some pages with a film or song theme. 

As you may know I love going to the cinema or watching films on TV. The other day we watched one of my favourite films 'Charade' starring Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn - it is set in Paris and there are lots of places that we know in it. 

I was doubly pleased when last week's Wanderlust theme was Image transferring and I had just the magazine page to use - with a photo of Audrey!

Laly Mille always uses lots of flowers and I took this  chance to include lots of little images of Paris too - one of the scenes in the film looks as though it is in the Jardins de Luxembourg  - a park we walk through every time we go to Paris - in fact I may even walk through there today because as some of you know, that is where I am right now!

It would be mean of me not to show you hubby's Wanderlust page...

I haven't asked him but I wonder if he liked 'Mona Lisa', an old film starring Bob Hoskins and Michael Caine.

It was great to see the old Metro trains and a station that we know well too.

I think we will be walking most places this time again...and I will be taking lots of photos!

I do hope that you will be able to join us at AJJ this month

Thanks for looking, Chris   

 

10 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Both pages are beautiful, your hubby has talent, too. Audrey was always a fabulous actress in all of her films. Have a great day, and a fun time with this challenge. Hugs,Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your image transfers turned out great. Both are superb. I love your concept of Charade, even though I have never seen it. I can still imagine being there among the flowers and the Eiffel Tower. This is amazing.

I really like that image of Mona, too. It is wonderful. I love the modern take on her face and the image transfer. I hope you are both enjoying Paris right this moment, dear.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Where are my manners? Thanks for this first lovely entry from both of you using Alison's theme at Art Journal Journey.

My name is Erika. said...

Charade is a good film. I saw it last year for the first time. And I’m loving your page. The flowers are beautiful and add great details. I hope there are some blooming in Paris for you. Happy April! Hugs Erika. ( and yes, I love that the hubby is playing along too with his Mona Lisa page. )

craftytrog said...

These are both beautiful pages from you and hubby Chris. Thanks for linking them to my AJJ theme. A great start to the month.
Enjoy Paris!
Alison

Meggymay said...

You both created fantastic pages and I love the image transfer you used. Super inspiration for the new AJJ theme Chris.
I hopw you are enjoying your break away in Paris.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Charade is a great film, but I'm unfamiliar with Mona Lisa. I'll have to look it up. Thanks!

CJ Kennedy said...

Your wanderlust pages are just beautiful They really illustrate the phrase Springtime in Paris. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Neet said...

Love your page Chris. Of course Paris just had to feature somewhere and you have captured it beautifully. I am well impressed with your image of Audrey, I have yet to have a well done image transfer.
Brilliant!
Hugs, Neet xx

Sharon Fritchman said...

Chris! Both pages are absolutely amazing! I love the spread you made with Audrey Hepburn's image! She has always been one of my favorite actresses! And my husband and I just watched Charade a couple of days ago, too. We both LOVE that movie, especially that it took place in Paris - a city we visited 10+ years ago. We have such fond memories there! Anyway, I think both pages are so beautiful - yours and your hubby's!!!