Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 19 April 2022

I can hear music....at TIOT

Hi everyone, I am pleased to report that the cough is slowly easing and I am concentrating better (though hubby would say I'm not)

Our new theme at Try It On Tuesday is 'I Can Hear Music'.

The Design Team have a great range of music choices - please take a look here

I wasn't sure what I was going to do until I heard an old Hollies song on the radio the other morning. Immediately the sound of a carousel came into may head (as much as the words of the Hollies song). I love the sound of a real carousel (not the loud modern fairground music of these days)

Last year when we visited Paris we went to Parc Monceau where there was a small carousel - I found the photos and my page was started!

I used Paper Artsy Fresco paints make a patchwork background.
I used two phots of the carousel and then added some papers (including Parc Monceau on an old Paris map.)
The P is for Park! I stamped random flowers from a set I bought a few years ago in Paris.

The new TIOT theme runs fo two weeks - I hope that you will join us with your music entries.

Our latest Paris trip was not what we had hoped for...but...Paris is Paris and I will start to show some photos in my next post!


Thanks for looking, Chris







10 comments:

Helen said...

What a fun art journal spread Chris! Love that patchwork in the background and all your inspirational photos! Perfect! Have a fantastic week! ((HUGS)) Helen

My name is Erika. said...

Using a carousel is a fantastic idea Chris. And your page is great too. I like how you added photos and the bits of paper. What fun. Hope the couch improves quickly also. But take care please until it does. Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a gorgeous page! Loving that Hollies song and how it inspired you, you captured it so beautifully 😀. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs Jo x

Rita said...

I had to ask google to play On A Carousel! I now have an earworm--lol!
Lovely page. :)

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm listening to a YouTube video of the song now lol I remember when it came out :)

jinxxxygirl said...

HI Chris!

Not sure if you remember me.. But i'am back in the blogging world.. lol I've started taking part in the Tea Party again.. and i have not seen you. Are you still partying?? Hugs! deb AKA Jinxxxygirl over at Learning 2 Just Breath dot blogspot dot com.. :)

Helen said...

great page Chris! glad the cough is getting better Glad you enjoyed your virtual trip to Kew - hope you make it for real soon!

Meggymay said...

A fabulous journal page Chris for our new TioT theme and nice to see the photos from your previous trip to Paris. I also liked seeing the photos you added to your next post you must have been hoping for warmer weather, but as you say we take what we are given. Its good to read you are feeling a bit better, hope each day will be better than the last. Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

A beautiful journal page Chris, I love The Hollies! Thanks for linking up with my AJJ theme.
Alison
P.S. I didn't see your AJJ link, don't forget to add it :-) xx

Mrs.B said...

Hi Chris, here at last!
This is a lovely page that must bring back happy memories from your previous trip to Paris.
I love your choice of song and it was great that you were able to add the photos of the Carousel.
Hope you're fully recovered by now. Avril xx