Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 10 April 2022

Sorry about the delay!!!

If you are on Instagram or one of the Design Teams I am on you will already know that I have COVID!!! 

We think hubby may have had it while in Paris. It was so cold and hubby thought he had caught a chill kind of cold but bravely soldiered on as the temperatures went up slightly. I started to feel achy on the journey back but put it down to lack of space and activity. As I began to feel worse the next day, developed a sore throat and became very sleepy we decided to take a Covid test - hubby was negative - mine - definitely positive!

Four days on I still have a cough and a bit of brain fog but well enough this afternoon to haul myself to my craft room to make my April Calendar Journal page. 

Not only do I want to start filling it in but I want to join Alison of Craftytrog blog at Art Journal Journey for her 'Play It Again Sam' theme

Okay, so it's bit of a lazy page, oxides onto my acrylic block spritzed and dabbed over the pages, Yellow paper cut with a punch and dragged over a Distress Mustard Seed ink pad

I used a favourite Paper Artsy stamp by Sara Naumann, some leaves from a set I bought in France and a handwritten title over some music.

It's taken me quite a while with a few rests in between the making!

Here is last month's all filed in


I am hoping I am on the road to recovery and will soon be back in my craft room for longer, meanwhile...I need a rest!!

Thanks for looking, Chris

13 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I don't think anyone blames you for your "more basic" calendar right now Chris. It is still a beauty, and more important that you feel better soon. Sounds like you are doing OK and are not really sick.That is good news. Take care. Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

Hope you feel better soon, Chris. I like your "basic" page, nothing wrong with that.

kathyinozarks said...

I always enjoy seeing your calendar pages Chris-take care of You right now hugs

Meggymay said...

The calendar page looks beautiful Chris, look after yourself and your hubby and I hope you feel much better soon.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

Your calendar pages are beautiful Chris, I really love that song too.
Hope you're soon fully recovered.
Hugs,
Alison

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorr< you've been ill, hope things are soon better. Love the journal page, and the song, we alwas sung it at school in assembly! Hugs, Valerie

Rita said...

So sorry to hear you (and likely your sweet hubby) fell in with the dreaded covid! I hope you feel better soon. I know what it is like to finish something in really small steps with many rests in-between. I hope you are back to your old self soon. *love and hugs*

CJ Kennedy said...

Basic or fancy, your calendar pages are always pretty. Take care and feel better soon.

Divers and Sundry said...

I am sorry to hear Covid caught you and hope you recover quickly and are feeling fit soon.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

When I first heard the news you had Covid, I about fell over. I am SO incredibly sorry to read this. I hope the conditions aren't too terribly severe. At least you were fully vaccinated.

You call your calendar page Basic. I call it fabulous and it STILL puts mine to shame. It is definitely a stunning beauty and perfect for Alison's theme at Art Journal Journey, too, dear. Now I hope you are resting.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I hope you are now on the road to recovery Chris but still take time to rest even if you are. I love your basic calendar page, less is definitely more some time. Take care Hugs Tracey xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Get well soon you two!Your calendar sheet turned out beautiful!!!
Hugs Elke

Let's Art Journal said...

Your calender pages are beautiful. I hope you are feeling better now. Take care and wishing you well 😁. Hugs Jo x