Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 15 April 2022

Sunshine therapy

 Hi everyone, I've been having a little bit of busy doing nothing time! Hubby had to take the car to the garage the other day so I went with him. 

Sadly the reason we went was because someone in our communal car park had knocked part of our wing mirror off. CCTV showed nothing and once again we chalk it up to the joys of living in a retirement apartment where we don't have an alloted space. I wish that the person who did it had owned up - it's going to be an expensive repair.

We did have a treat though on the way back, at Le Petit Paris in Chorlton, Manchester - sitting in the sun eating French pastries. It is only a small Pattiserie and has room for two tables inside. It is clearly going to be the place to go in warm weather.




Trying to get hubby to smile was difficult with the sun in his eyes!

While in Paris it was too cold to sit outside for long so we enjoyed this treat all the more. 

The range of cakes was amazing - I just wanted a croissant(delicious) and hubby had a peanut brownie. We were so impressed we bought two more to eat at home (guess who had high sugar levels the next day?) 

Blueberry religieuse for hubby and mille-feuille for me.

I've been dipping into an online set of lessons from Sketchbook Revival. They are free until the end of April.
...which started off like this

There will be more of theses to come!
They have been easy to do while either sitting on the sofa or out on our balcony.

I did get into my craft room to make a page for Alison(Craftytrog)'s theme 'Play It Again Sam' theme at Art Journal Journey.


I love this John Denver song, so using Aall and Create stamps, Distress Oxide inks and my Dymo printer I made an A6 page.

That's about it for now! Thank you all for your good wishes - I am feeling a lot better, but the cough is still lingering.

Thanks for looking, Chris




 
 
 
 

12 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Good mornng Chris, so sorry about the damage on your car, that is always so disappointing that people do not own up to have they have damaged.
Beautiful spot in Paris and the treats look delicius.
always love your art-hugs Happy weekend Kathy

Helen said...

How sad that no-one owned up to the damage. not fond of peanut flavour but I'll take your word for their gorgeousness! Just blogged my trip to Hampton Court tulip festival which was stunning

Helen said...

oh, and I love those sketchbook circles you've done!

Rita said...

Glad you're feeling better.
Those circles with the drawing inside are great! What a fun exercise.
Lovely page.
I can see why you might have gotten more delicious goodies to bring home as they looked scrumptious!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's too bad no one owned up to the damage they caused. Maybe they didn't have insurance or just didn't care.

I still haven't watched a single one of those videos on Sketchbook Project, but that one looks like something I could actually do.

Your latest entry for Alison's theme at Art Journal Journey is wonderful. Quite poignant, too. That's a great song. Thanks for creating and sharing this beauty.

Neet said...

I can't think of the song but I love that lady - one of my much iused figures from A&C.
Love the Parisienne shop - now I need to know where it is - those cakes look exquisite.
Hugs, Neet xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Irresponsible people! 😡 We're in the same boat as you for the mailbox repair. Even though we have the name of the person who whacked it, the repair cost though expensive wasn't enough to meet the insurance deductible. So the insurance company won't go after him. Your trip to the pastry shop lowered my high blood pressure. I think I would have gone home with more than 2 pastries. Lovely eye candy you created, too. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Enjoy the weekend.

Let's Art Journal said...

So glad you are feeling better and I hope your cough clears soon! Such a shame about the damage to your car and the fact no one owned up. Those pastries look so good, nice to find somewhere nearby that reminds you of France - perfect 😁. Happy Easter weekend and I hope you get to enjoy the sunshine! Take care! Hugs Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

I'm glad you are feeling better Chris and can be up and about. Sorry to hear about your car also. I had that happen to me years ago in a parking lot at a store and it was quite upsetting. I will say the delicious looking sweets made up for the trip. Smile. I've loving your painted circle art and also you beautiful page. John Denver wrote some amazing songs, didn't he? Happy Easter. Have a wonderful start to the new week. Hugs-Erika

Mrs.B said...

Glad to read you're feeling a lot better Chris and nice that you've found such a lovely Patisserie - cakes look delicious - but shame about the car. Love your page for AJJ.
Hope you're having a lovely weekend. Avril x

Divers and Sundry said...

What a shame about the car :( And it's disheartening to know people won't do the right thing :(

I enjoyed by virtual cafe trip. What a great place for people-watching!

Meggymay said...

Sorry I am late calling in, it wasn't good to read about your car, it seems to be happening everywhere when folk don't stop and just drive away, someone reversed into my son's car a while ago and just drove off.
Its a fantastic journal page and that c cake shop photo looked very tempting.
Yvonne xx