Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 3 April 2022

Play It again and again and again

Hi everyone!  I have forgotten how many times I have watched 'Moulin Rouge', but I do confess to crying at the end every single time!

Alison (of Craftytrog's Arty Adventures blog) wants us to 'Play It Again' at Art Journal Journey

I love the music but I also love the story with Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor as the stars - it also features one of my favourite actors - Jim Broadbent( we saw his latest film 'The Duke' the other week)

I found an image in an old Paris Time Out with an ad for Moulin Rouge so cut out some images and added them to a painty babywipe page.

I added some paint splashes for the bright lights in the Pigalle area.

Toulouse Lautrec was a regular visitor to The Moulin Rouge and used to go backstage - he also produced posters - some of which were reproduced on some mini chocolate bar wrappers I bought one year on a visit to Paris.

I have never visited the Moulin Rouge - if you look at the 2013 prices you may guess why!

Thanks for looking, Chris





 

11 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris, great journal page for the theme. I saw this years and years ago. I always like Nicole Kidman too

My name is Erika. said...

I've seen this film. It is a good one, isn't it? And your page does it justice. It's fantastic Chris. I hope you are having a great time in Paris. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I actually saw this in a movie theater. It was stunning then and your journal page is stunning now. I really loved the singing, the dancing, and the scenes of the Moulin Rouge. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Alison's theme. Hope you are enjoying Paris right now!

Meggymay said...

A fabulous page Chris, yes it looks an expensive venue, but its good to be able to see the film and appreciate the story as well as the movie.
Hope you are enjoying your holiday.
Yvonne xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous piece, Chris, great film, too. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

I've heard of the Moulin Rouge, but have never seen the movie.

craftytrog said...

A fantastic page Chris, Moulin Rouge was a great film!
Thanks for linking up to my theme at AJJ.
Alison

Divers and Sundry said...

I've seen that movie only once and don't remember much of it. I should look for it to re-watch.

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely collage creation ~ thanks for the movie idea ~ I have not seen it ~ Xo

Wishing love and laughter in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Neet said...

Your page is as stunning as the movie. Once again we are in Paris, a city you love and can talk about with such a knowledge of its streets, cafes and twists and turns.
Love it again.
Hugs, Neet xx

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oh wow, Chris! What a gorgeous page! It depicts "Moulin Rouge" beautifully! Awesome movie, too!