Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 11 January 2022

T Stands for the short route.

 Hi everyone, I am taking you back to Paris today.

We had to get a COVID test to return home, so on the Wednesday before our journey we opted to stay closer to the hotel, after all, the previous day We had walked over 25,000 steps.



Having spotted one place doing tests, we looked in and decided against having it done there, so walked up to the Mall in Place d'Italie for a drink and rethink!

This mosaic showing different areas of Paris is near the end of one of the avenues.

We decided to have a little look around the area and get some lunch


I love Chicken Caesar salads so that was my choice, hubby had a salade Niçoise. It was the best Caesar I had in Paris but sadly was spoilt by the fact that none of the staff were wearing masks - something we didn't notice until after we had ordered and it wasn't until we left that we realised that it was the only place that didn't ask for our COVID passes! Fortunately all of the windows were folded back and there was a gentle breeze passing through. The tables all had a good space around them too.

It is here that I will join Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T stands for Tuesday - we had a jug of water and Tonic water with lemon - to was a very hot day.

After our lunch we decided to take a walk to find the Cité Florale. We passed a pharmacy and decided to go back there later for our tests.

I had heard of this area but only recently found how close it was to our hotel - about a 30 minute walk(some of which was stopping to look in shop windows.
It comprises of just a few roads but all with such lovely gardens


















From here it was a very short walk to one of our favourite parks - Montsouris.
We had never entered by through this gate before
It led us into a part of the park we had never seen

The RER trains can be seen from bridges in the park


We always see joggers in this park






I will be coming back to Montsouris to show you more soon - it is always our last place to visit on our last day in Paris. We had a test to take....
...so back onto the road - had our tests and sat in a little park over the road from the pharmacy while we waited for the results.
Lots of chatter going on from children who were on their way home from school.

I hope you enjoyed this view of Butte Aux Cailles - it is such a lovely area and I will show you more next week.

Thanks for looking, Chris

12 comments:

Mae Travels said...

Thank you for the Paris visit. That’s a neighborhood I don’t know at all, having spent almost all my time in Paris on the Left Bank Maybe some day I’ll get there!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris I so enjoyed all of these photos of your Paris trip. I really appreciate you sharing these with us so much. Your food looked delicious too. Happy T Kathy

Kate Yetter said...

I loved seeing more of Paris. Your salad looks AMAZING! That chicken...
The park is especially beautiful.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Divers and Sundry said...

Ventilation is key. I'll eat on patios and in open spaces like your restaurant offered.

What a lovely place! Happy T Tuesday

Linda Kunsman said...

What lovely, lovely photos Chris. I guess every country is different about employees wearing masks? We rarely go out but the places I see employees are all wearing masks. Glad you fared well and had your fantastic salads!
Happy T day!

Sharon Madson said...

Chris, I love all your Paris photos. I didn't have pedometer when we went to Paris, but I am sure we got that many steps every day. We walked from one end of Champs-Elysees to the other on one day! Thanks for sharing your T Day post. Happy T Day.

My name is Erika. said...

It is wonderful to see parts of Paris that or not where the tourists usually roam. The beauty of traveling is being able to have these little adventures and discover something new, isn't it? I could use a good long walk as the winter weather has not be allowing it. So perhaps I can "make" some steps up as I followed your walk from photo to photo. Hope it was a great T day. Hugs-Erika

Carola Bartz said...

What a beautiful part of Paris! I don't know this area and if I ever get back to it I will certainly pay it a visit. It looks like an area I would throroughly enjoy. Thank you for taking us there.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

More lovely photos from Paris. I was mesmerized by the streets and the window boxes. I love beauty of the park and all your lovely photos. But what got me most was the map. I've been watching Around the World in 80 Days and the map reminded me of their stop in Paris.

Of course, I enjoyed seeing your meal and your tonic water, too. Thanks for once again taking us to Paris and sharing a meal and water with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend.

Helen said...

you always find such unusual places to visit, off the beaten track - I love them. the little streets are lovely and the houses gorgeous! thanks for sharing this stage of your trip.

nwilliams6 said...

Love the way you travel and love your pictures, Chris. I know I would love to go to Paris with you! The food looks great and Paris looks beautiful. TFS and Happy T-day. Hugz

DVArtist said...

This is a wonderful trip and love that you are sharing it with us. Thank you. Have a great day.