Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 25 January 2022

T stands for ........ The Garden and the Jardin!

Hi everyone, as promised I will show you where we visited last Thursday.

A sunny day was forecast so we decided to go to RHS Bridgewater again.

Not as colourful as when we went in Autumn but the blue sky made a perfect backdrop for the seed heads and grasses













You may not be able to see it but there was ice on the ponds

Now....back to warmer days 
Yes, Paris again....our last full day there and we took long walk to visit Bercy.
First of all I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth of the Altered Book Lover for T Stands For Tuesday.

We went to Cafe de Pauline for a delicious Duck Parmentier(sorry, ate it all and forgot to take a photo) I have forgotten what hubby's dessert was - something chocolaty - but mine was a fruit salad. Water was on the table for the whole meal and we finished with coffee.
It is close to Bercy Village and although we had a walk there, we were disappointed to find that a lot of the shops we liked have been replaced by eateries (many of them fast food type)



Cafe de Pauline is at the back of the Main Street - when we arrived all of the outside tables were taken.
Backing on to the trees is Bercy Park.





 

Beautiful old house and tracks ....no explanation
Lots of steps






A Bug hotel
Lovely covered areas


A Merry-go-Round
Boxing and football
An exercise area

We have been in a different part of Bercy Park before and thought it a little ordinary - as you can see it is anything but! We had never seen so many interesting things going on.

These two pics are of the view down the Seine 


The last two pics here are not in the correct order -thanks blogger!

You might think that was enough for one day but we had a detour - I'll show you next week!

I am going for a well earned rest now, having walked 7.5 miles today(nearly 18,500 steps). Explanation and pics later this week!

Thanks for looking, Chris




















11 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

Each season has its own beauty :) I love that merry-go-round! Happy T Tuesday

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris-I always enjoy the photos from your trips to Paris when I saw all those tall grasses-thinking paper making materials haha I have made paper in the past from dried grasses turns out pretty nice.
Happy T hugs Kathy

Mae Travels said...

When I saw your link, I immediately started thinking PARIS! What lovely photos. Thanks.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

Winter plants are interesting in their own way, and even though brown, they do make a nice view while walking. But I must admit it is quite a contrast to the warmer green of your Paris photos. They both look like wonderful days Chris. I hope you had a lovely T day, and thanks for sharing these photos. It is always a pleasure. Hugs-Erika

Kate Yetter said...

WOW! SO many beautiful views. I loved the covered walkways and houses in Paris. I am off to have a look at the Cafe's that you mentioned. The pictures from RHS Bridgewater are beautiful even in the midst of winter. I bet it is even more stunning when everything is in bloom.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Linda Kunsman said...

It is all so lovely Chris!! The café sounds wonderful! A shame places are changing to fast food eateries:(. My favorite photos today though are of the views along the Seine. I remember many walks along it so well. Happy T day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a contrasting post, Chris. From the stark beauty of the winter grasses to the lush views of the Parisian village, this post oozes with beauty. I was impressed by all the columns in Paris and all those stairs. Many, many, many stairs.

Of course, it was also good to see you and T enjoying yourselves in a cafe in Paris with your desserts and water. Thanks for sharing these two beautiful parks and your drinks with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend.

Sharon Madson said...

Chris, thank you for sharing all these gorgeous photos! I thoroughly enjoyed your post. Happy T Day.

Helen said...

Whilst it is nice to see Paris in the sunshine, i also love the icy pics from RHS Bridgewater too - it looks beautiful, even in winter. and I am glad I didn't have to climb all those steps in Paris! Helen xx

DVArtist said...

All lovely photos. Have a nice day.

lapeigh said...

q368v8iqnyy178 horse dildo,dildo,dog dildo,dildo,G-Spot Vibrators,dildos,fantasy toys,realistic dilldos,vibrators q695r8lscwx172