Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 25 January 2022

 Hi everyone - our new theme at Try It On Tuesday this time is 'Add A Quote' - that is - not a greeting, but something appropriate to your image.

The Design Team have made some great examples of what this means - you can find them here

I've been lucky enough to see the original painting by Gustav Klimt that you see here but I have never forgotten how stunning it is close to. 

I used a stencil to add some texture paste mixed with gold paint then another stencil to add more swirls. The main image is from some Stamperia papers and I tore another piece to partially back it.

I cut some strips from the remaining scraps of paper and added them to one side to continue the pattern on the image - to this I added some torn washi tapes. The flower had a brush over with some distress ink and the ribbons are stickers - a gift from my friend Sarah.  

I don't recall there being music played but there was music in my head as I stood in the darkened room where this painting was being displayed and studied this masterpiece.

The quote isn't just about 'The Kiss' but about my experience of seeing it's beauty - it is a moment I will always remember.

I hope that you can find something that inspires you to find a quote(or a quote that inspires you to find an image). As usual for Try It On Tuesday, our theme runs for two weeks.

I am also joining in at Art Journal Journey where Erika's theme is 'Let's Face It'

Thanks for looking, Chris




10 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Beautiful visual for the quote

Dora said...

Very pretty page.

Let's Art Journal said...

The kiss is such a beautiful painting! Great quote and the way you have showcased the painting on your page is gorgeous with the stenciling and papers - gorgeous 😀. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is a real gem, Chris. You have given us both the look and feel of the painting as you first observed it. What a stunning sight to see and a great entry for Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

My name is Erika. said...

Wow Chris. There are so many details, each pretty on their own, but stunning when put together as you have. I haven't seen The Kiss in real life, but I imagine with the gold it is amazing. I think you did it proud with this page. Thanks for linking up to AJJ with it also. It is much appreciated. Hope all is well. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page, love the Klimt theme, Valerie

Joan said...

Great quote and a fabulous page Chris


Joan x

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Chris, so many details and textures. I can imagine that this painting is stunning, you're so lucky to have seen it.
Avril xx

Meggymay said...

Chris what a joy it must have been to see the painting for real. The page you created looks awesome and a super choice of quote to go with it.
I loved seeing the photos in your T day post as well.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Such a stunning painting, I have never seen this up close but my Klimt complete works is my bedtime companion, incredibly inspirational. Love your additional quote Chris well matched to your magnificent journal page. Hugs Tracey x