Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 18 December 2021

Time for a party

 Hi everyone. It's also time I got on with some Art Journaling. 

While I was hosting AJJ in November I didn't make one single Christmas card. Then with everything else that was going on and a Mojo only popping up in the oddest of places - none of which could be acted upon, I found myself with just a few cards left over from other years.

This last week it has been a Christmas card frenzy. I refuse to buy something that I enjoy making, although towards the end of the week I was looking forward to having made enough.

My deadline was yesterday as we had to take our car for a Winter Check. As it turned out the check wasn't done - the garage told us that something on our car was  being re-called but as the service manager wasn't in they couldn't do anything without his permission - so we have to wait until Monday to know what is going on!

This afternoon having been out to the butcher's this morning and hand delivered some cards I finally had time to clear a space in my craft room (all cards having been made at the dining table)and make this journal page for Valeries's 'When One Door Closes Another One Opens' theme at Art Journal Journey

I found this 13Arts door that really fascinates me. Surely there's a Christmas Party taking place inside. The two paper doll girls are dressed in their best so I'm counting on it. The page, in a slightly larger that A5 Kraft Journal.

I had used the page to clean off a brayer when I was gelli printing.I added some tiny snowflakes and stars using a very old wood mounted stamp and white Brilliance ink. I added some music paper and a piece of white corrugated card. The words are mainly TH ones but the longer one was in an old book.

Now, off to do some blog hopping and commenting!

Thanks for looking, Chris

10 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Chris, I really enjoy making Christmas cards too I have now every year for at least 10 years perhaps more.
I am loving your page for AJJ very much- I am thinking too there could be Christmas activities inside.
Happy weekend Hugs Kathy

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous journal page, Chris, I'll join the party, if I may! Glad you got all your cards done. I've given up as ai once again haven't even started. Thanks for linking to my challenge at AJJ, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

That blue door almost looks like a TARDIS. Fancy a party with The Doctor?

My name is Erika. said...

Good for you to get cards made. I didn't make any this year, and it took me until yesterday to finally accept that's what it would be. And you even got a page made too. It's a beauty, and I want to be invited to that party. And I love all those snowflakes and your paper layering too. Hope the answer back on your car is good news. Hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page Chris! I love the door and all those delicate snowflakes!

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful! Love all the icy elements, the smartly dressed girls, and that wonderful door. All put together so well with your very cool words. GREAT page Chris. Car servicing, grocery shopping, pharmacy visits, computer problems - all on the list of chores and problems I detest! I am so behind on my Christmas cards that I may just give up so at least you beat me. Hugz

Elkes Lebensglück said...

wonderful journal page, Chris!
Hugs Elke

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm incredibly late visiting, but I sure like how you told the tale of the little girls who I also hope are headed to a party behind that door. It's a wonderful entry and great for Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

Meggymay said...

A fabulous page Chris, I'm sure the girls will enjoy a party, the door looks so inviting.
I cannot get into Christmas mode this year and making cards seem well down my list of things that need doing.
A huge thank you for the lovely card from yourself that came through my letter box a couple of days ago.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

As soon as I saw this page I thought "Yes. that's the kind of page I like for this". A fabulous page Chris. Love ut.
Hugs & Merry Christmas
Neet xx