Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 24 December 2021

Merry Christmas!

 Hi everyone, the shopping is done, the turkey delivered to my son's house, presents are wrapped and the little bit of cleaning necessary has been rushed through!

I have had some time to play, and I might say the inclination to do so, as my mojo, along with my usual positive attitude, totally disappeared.

I have made a tag for Tag Tuesday and Pinky's theme 'Anything Christmas' 

I used up some scraps from my desk and the Tracy Easson Christmas tree is from a supposedly CAS Christmas card that I managed to get a big smudge mark on.

I also have a seasonal door entry for Valerie's 'When One Door Closes, Another One Opens' theme at Art Journal Journey.

I used two stencils and three different inks for the background and added some torn holly patterned napkin. The door images came from a postcard I bought years ago, Santa is a Crafty Individuals image and the words are mine printed out from the computer.

I must say I feel a lot more relaxed now, especially as we had a very quick walk at Fletcher Moss this morning. There was a little bit of Wintery sun and the birds were happy that it has stopped raining(so am I) 
Some of the paths could only be accessed by those wearing wellies!





We certainly weren't going to try to walk on this!
We walked back and went in through another gate
One lone hellebore flowering

The cafe was busy - they only close on Christmas Day



We walked past the Didsbury ....we will go here for lunch one day when it gets warmer.
We took a short cut back to our car through The Parsonage gardens.


There are buds on the Magnolia tree

It's not all green and brown in the garden












There's only one thing left for me to say - I hope you'll have a very Happy Christmas.
Thanks for looking, Chris

11 comments:

Michele said...

what a beautiful collaged tag! very wintry! i love your journal page and photos also. happy holidays! and thank you for linking to our tag tuesday challenge! xo

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic tag and journal page, Chris. Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday and AJJ. Love all the little doors on the beautiful brick background. Fletcher Moss is lovely at all times of the year, loved the photos I would like to walk there, too! Have a very merry Christmas, stay safe, hugs, Valerie
And thanks you for the beautiful cards which arrived today, that was a great surprise!

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful tag. I always enjoy your walks. I was so surprised to see flowers. Were those primroses! Merry Christmas to you and your hubby!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love that even REAL stampers sometimes make a mistake. I also love how you were able to salvage your mistake. And your doors were genius. Really loved the background and the doors that were so cleverly created. So perfect for Valerie's theme, too.

I always enjoy your walks in nature. A nice Christmas treat to have you share it with us. I loved seeing the holly in all its glory. I wish you and T a very merry, creative, joyous, safe, and healthy Christmas, dear friend.

Helen said...

Glad you got a walk in before Christmas Day - and found some colour too. Hope you've had a good day today.

Neet said...

We have buds on our magnolia too. Hope the frost does not come and harm it.
love your tag and your journal page full of doors is lovely. Great stencilling Chris.
Hope you have a lovely Christmas.
Hug,s Neet xx

My name is Erika. said...

I found Christmas a bit stressful this year too. Not so much Christmas itself, but time just really got away from me. I'm not even sure why. Anyhow, I love that handspun style tag and your AJJ page is great too. What a fun thought for Christmas with Santa not having a chimney and having a magic key. It makes a super holiday page. I hope you enjoyed your garden walk and had a wonderful holiday. Happy Boxing Day. Hugs-Erika

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Beautiful tag and journal page, photos!
Happy Christmas!
HUgs, Elke

Meggymay said...

A fantastic tag and Journal page Chris and it was lovely to see those lovely photos from your walk that you shared.
Hope you had a lovely Christmas. Stay safe,
Yvonne xx

Mae Travels said...

Are your flowering plants late fall or very early spring bloomers? We have only dark brown and grey in our gardens now, soon to be snow-covered, I think. I hope you had a great Christmas with your family.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

pinky said...

Love your tag, the background is so pretty. Gorgeous photos too. Looks like a nice place for a ramble! Thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday during this busy season! We really appreciate it!