Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 14 December 2021

T Stands For the long walk

 Hi everyone, what week, both my DIL and son now have COVID, not surprising really, they are both getting better now though. 

I'm here for T Stands For Tuesday, hosted by Bleubeard and Elizabeth at the Altered Book Lover blog so we are going back to the Sunday of our sweet treat (events overtook me last week and I had no time to blog or comment)

 
We called to a crêperie on the way back to the hotel and ordered a vegetable galette each along with cider and a jug of water. It looks large but it was so light and crispy and full of lots of veg.

After our time in Parc Monceau and the walks past some lovely buildings we came to the Elysee Palace

I wanted to know if we were in the right place to reach Place Vendôme and as there were so many policemen around I asked one, who decided to test his English on me, so we had a dual language chat, with me practicing my French and he his English.
Hubby had walked on ahead and was waiting for around 15 minutes(he says)and took a couple of photos. As we can't see the policeman's face I can show this
I don't know at what point in the conversation this was but we covered a range of topics from parks of Paris, through football, places to visit in England, food and the city he came from which was one we had visited a few years ago. 
He sent me on my way with directions and a big smile!
His older colleague stood back grinning as we both struggled to find words.

The route took us along past some very expensive shops.














This couple were making their way to the Ritz
We started the walk back to the hotel...past more famous landmarks

This is the Arc du Triomphe du Carousel

The Louvre area - of course


Thinking of Lisca here

A Scottish pub!
We still had a way to walk after this so no more photos we were getting hungry! 

Sorry this a bit rushed, it's been another busy day.
Hopefully next week I will take it bit more leisurely, looking at a little visited area of Paris, but so beautiful! 

Thanks for looking, Chris

14 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris-that is a good thing that you are busy Enjoyed all the photos-your meal is something I am not familiar with but sounds good, and enjoyed hearing about your conversation with the policeman
Happy T hugs

Linda Kunsman said...

Glad to know that although they got COVID your son and DIL are getting well.
OMG, I so want one of those vegetable galettes right now!!!
I love the story of your chat with the policeman - how sweet and delightful:)
Thank you for another wonderful excursion around Paris, and happy T day!

Carola Bartz said...

I hope your son and DIL will recover completely - getting COVID is no joke.
Those flower across the street are wonderful, I love those! And the galettes look very delicious.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry to read about your son getting Covid now that your DIL may be on the mend. I want a vegetable galette. I can see the gorgeous veggies inside and am mow craving this. Of course, the cider and water looks good, too.

I so enjoyed reading about your walk and bi-lingual talk with the policeman. Such a fun adventure, I'm sure.

Wow, those are expensive stores. I couldn't afford even the air inside one of those!

The more I see the Louvere, the more I HATE that addition. At first it didn't bother me, but now I find it offensive.

Thanks for sharing your vegetable galette, your cider, water, and your trip around Paris with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris.

Sharon Madson said...

So sorry to hear your daughter in law and son have Covid, but glad they are feeling better. Love your photos. I remember seeing some of these same sites, as we were there over 30 years ago for our 25th wedding anniversary. Thanks for sharing, Chris.

Helen said...

glad to hear your son and DIL are recovering. I enjoyed my walk round Paris with you and am impressed at your language skills. Take care and stay safe. Helen

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry about your son and his wife. Lovely pics from Paris, glad you had a good natter with the policeman. Happy T Day hugs, Valerie

nwilliams6 said...

Hope your son and his wife recover fast!!!

Love your pictures - the food looks fab, and I so enjoyed seeing the shops, the Ritz, and all the fun famous landmarks. Such a lovely place. I know you enjoyed your chat with the police too - lol! I so totally see you doing that. Fun, fun, fun - this trip was something! Happy T-day and many hugz to you Chris.

My name is Erika. said...

I thought that was Lisa's home. Loving the photo your hubby took of you and police officer. You are both working so hard to communicate, I can tell. And those flowers on the lines. Wonderful photos as usual. Its always fun to see Paris. Or any place other than what you get used to. Sorry to hear about your son and DIL. I hope they improve quickly. I also hope it was a nice T day. I didn't get by last night, busy trying to finish knitting a hat for xmas for my daughter. Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm so sorry you have family with Covid but am happy they are recovering well.

I've never seen or heard of that dish, but wanting to try it. It looks delicious! I loved your photos, like a virtual tour of the area :)

Happy T Day!

craftytrog said...

Glad to hear your son and DIL are recovering well Chris!
Lovely photos of Paris, your chat with the policeman made me smile.
Alison

Tammy said...

I hope your son & DIL have a full recovery. That vegetable galette look delicious! Gorgeous photos of Paris and that shop looks very expensive. Enjoy the rest of your week Chris and take care.
Hugs, Tammy

Lisca said...

I hope your son and DIL have recovered by now. I hope they didn't have serious symptoms. In our area Covid is so rare that I have never actually met anyone who has had it.
I loved the photos of your Paris visit. And the galletes made my mouth water. Cider in a cup?
Thank you so much for showing the antique postcards.
I enjoyed the story of you communicating with the policeman. Well done you and great that the policeman was willing to have a go at English too. (I have certain preconceptions that the French don't usually make an effort.)
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

CJ Kennedy said...

Glad your son and DIL are feeling better. How fun to chat with the policeman. I enjoyed tagging along on your walk. I admired the wrought iron gates and all the famous shops Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior as well as the well-known landmarks I have only seen in pictures. Happy T Day