Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 30 April 2021

Just a Tag

Hi everyone, we had an outing yesterday, on the way home hubby decided to take a detour which meant we were later getting home than we had planned. This meant that the page I had planned on finishing didn't get done, neither did my blog visiting!

So, first my tag. It's an 'Anything Goes' kind of tag!

I used some watercolours to make a grey background, much like some of the skies we have had this week in between some sunny intervals.

I added some spatters with the leftover mixed paint.

I tore some scraps into smaller pieces to fit the tag and stamped the flower, designed by my lovely friend Sarah Anderson for The Artistic Stamper. I stamped the postmark from the same set and then added some scribbles with Derwent water colour pencils. It still didn't look right so tore up some AAll and Create washi tape and stuck it over the scribbles. 

I am entering this at 

Tag Tuesday - Anything Goes

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Anything Goes

I also have a final page for Art Journal Journey both that will be my next post....it features this cute cat

Thanks for looking, Chris



7 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful tag! I love the softness of the colours with the pretty single flower - amazing 😀. Wishing you a happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Valerie-Jael said...

The tag is gorgeous, thanks so much for linking to Tag Tuesday, much appreciated! And I looking forward to seeing what you make with that sweet cat! Have a great weekend, I am staying home and resting! Hugs, Valerie

Rita said...

Being out and about is as fun as crafting, I bet. ;)

kathyinozarks said...

I have never made a tag, never knew quite what to do with them although they would make a nice little gift enclosed in letters-I am really enjoying writing to my new pen pals with slow mail. (If interested let me know)
Your tag is really pretty I love the simplicity Hugs Kathy

Annie said...

I really like everything about this tag. The minimalism leaves so much to our imagination to create a story for it. Love the details of the torn paper bits and the Washi over your scribbles. Being a lover of mail art, seeing postmarks always brings me joy. And a flower on a dreary day makes the day not so dreary afterall.

Sandra Wright. said...

A super Tag, at first glance it looks so simple, but look closer at the detail, it is gorgeous, I love it.
Thank you for joining us at Tag Tuesday x

pinky said...

Your tag is beautiful!! Very delicate and pretty. It's always good to have a detour, enjoy life. You can catch up on your craft again for sure. Thanks for sharing with us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky