Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 27 April 2021

Inspired By A Song at TIOT

 Hi everyone, two weeks have just flown by and it's time for our new theme at Try It On Tuesday and we'd love to see how you can be 'Inspired by a Song'. The Design Team have a whole range of musical delights to inspire you to take part.

I made a journal page in my large Dylusions journal. I really did mean to take a few photos but...sorry..I was enjoying myself too much.     It wasn't the page I intended either, I had a different song in mind but during walk at Tatton park On Friday I found myself singing this song. Ray Stevens has always been a favourite of mine and this is one of my favourites of his...'Guitarzan' is another favourite...hmmmm!!!

I took around 200 photos so selected a few and printed them out.       I started by smudging paint on to my page in squares and then added some scribbles around them with Woodies, smudging them with damp finger. I added some stencilling and some scraps of paper which had been conveniently coloured in the colours of my page. I stamped, coloured and cut out the Crafty Individuals Bluebells and then arranged them on my page with some of the photos.

I left a space for the computer generated words. Finally I added some stamped flowers from a little set I bought at the Orsay in Paris a few years ago.

I am doubly pleased with this page that started with a visit to the gardens at Tatton Park which inspired me to sing the song. It also is a tribute to Eileen, who sadly died after an operation earlier this year. Over at Art Journal Journey her chosen theme 'Inspired by' still has a few more days to run. Eileen used to say that she loved to see my photos of the gardens we love to visit. 

I hope you will be singing a song that will inspire you to join us at TIOT. 

Anything you would like to make is acceptable but please stick to the theme and it would be great to let us know about the song that inspired you!

Thanks for looking, Chris 




13 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! I love how you were inspired by this song whilst at Tatton Park, my hubby always says that I have a song for every occasion and I'm pleased to see I'm not the only one ...lol 😉. Using your own photos captures those memories so wonderfully too - perfect! Take care and happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

This is a fun challenge because I now have some songs in my head. I haven't heard this one in a long long time, and it is a good one. All those pretty views look amazing and are perfect for your song. I love the color blocked background too. Hope all is well. Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

Simply stunning Chris! That song is beautiful and like Erika, it is now in my head! LOVE your art journal spread! Have a fun filled week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page and photos, and I like the idea of singing the song for Eileen! I will be singing again all day....Hus, stay safe, Valerie

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous page Chris, and the perfect song to go with it! xx

Joan said...

Fabulous journal page Chris, lovely idea and a great choice of song

Joan x

Rita said...

Uplifting song and page! :) :)

Aimeslee Winans said...

Great page, Chris, and a happy memory for me as well, as that song always makes me feel happy and sentimental every time I've listened to it...and sung along. XOX

Meggymay said...

A fabulous inspiration page for the TioT theme Chris, you chose a great song and it looks like you enjoyed creating the page.
I have had a catch up morning again and enjoyed my visit.
Stay safre.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

And another lovely journal page I somehow missed. This is wonderful and I like the way you created the background. Your walk at Tatton Park must have been quite inspiring. This turned out great. I confess, I can't be sure I've heard that song before, but I'm sure I have. Thanks for another great entry honoring Eileen's theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

Marjut said...

Fantastic inspiration!
Have a nice week

Mrs.B said...

A lovely page Chris and fabulous that you used the photos from your day out that inspired your song.
Avril xx

kathyinozarks said...

awesome page Chris hugs