Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 30 April 2021

Dreaming cat!

Hi everyone, as I mentioned in my post earlier today, we were out most of yesterday and the page I started still needed finishing 

We have seen lots of magnolia blossom this year and that was my inspiration for my page.

The page started as a second pull from a gelliplate to which I added some lotus blossom (an AAll and Create stamp) stamped twice so that I could cut out some of the flowers that got lost in the background.

The cat is one of a few images I cut out of a Stamperia paper collection - it reminds me of one of my childhood cats who used to love sitting in a sunny spot in the garden with his eyes closed - I don't think he was asleep, just happy to be daydreaming in the sun.

The words are from a Tim Holtz Clippings sticker book

Here are a few magnolias(plus) that we have seen on our garden walks lately. The nearest we are going to get to a lotus!


Not magnolias but rhododendrons (maybe Azaleas?)but a beautiful pink




I like to think that Eileen would have liked these photos.

I know that she would have loved all the tributes and 'Inspired By' posts at Art Journal Journey by everyone this month. 
Thank you all so much. 
I have really enjoyed working with Erika of BioArtGirl blog this month to honour our friend Eileen.

Rest In Peace dear friend.

Thanks for looking, Chris


  

 

5 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Aren't spring flowers the most inspiring? And beautiful too. I love this page Chris. The spring pink and flowers, as well as the cat. I love when cats sit like that and you can't tell if they are really asleep or just dreaming. We had a cat who did that and used to snore so loudly, and she was only 8 pounds at her biggest. It was always worth a smile. It was also an honor to work with you this month. I hope Eileen was checking out all the art. Happy last few hours of April. Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

some beautiful photos to wrap up the theme for your friend. have a good weekend

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page, cats and magnolias are both wonderful to see! Hugs, Valerie

Rita said...

Oh my gosh! It is so bautiful with all the blossoms there! Such a pretty page, too. :)

kathyinozarks said...

Those flowers are so gorgeous! I am thinking Eileen would love these too.
Your journal page is beautiful! Hugs Kathy