Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 25 April 2021

Inspired by....

Hi everyone, I have another page for Eileen's 'Inspired by' theme at Art Journal Journey.

It is inspired by some new stamps that Hubby bought me for an Easter present.They are by Stamperia and complement some of the papers that I already have. 
It started off with this background - I gessoed over some of it as it seemed quite bright.
I stamped the image onto tissue so that they could face each other as though the paper image is looking into her soul. I added more papers and some Aall and Create Stencilled roses.The butterflies are in the same set and I masked and stamped the words to read the right way round.

Eileen, who sadly passed away before she could host her chosen theme definitely would have agreed with the 'Do What You Love' quote.

Thanks for looking, Chris


 

11 comments:

Neet said...

A delightful page Chris. I love how you stamped the face on tissue to get a reverse image. Lucky you having a husband who buys you stamps instead of chocolate for Easter. That is what I call most considerate.
Some beautiful imagery on there by Aal & Create too, always a favourite company of mine, the way you have stamped the roses looks as if they were there on the background before anything else, as if they were the paper that was there for you to build up your page on. I love the effect you got. Perhaps my favourite pages anywhere for a long time.
Hugs, Neet xx

Annie said...

What a great journal page, Chris! I’ve tried to work out how you go a reverse image when they are not the same size. At least they don’t appear to be. But it is very cool how you’ve made it seem as she is contemplating herself. You’ve created a great background and reworked it perfectly for a dreamy effect.

My name is Erika. said...

Those stamps are beautiful Chris. The page came out great. I love the hint of blues and pinks, as well as the details you created. This is perfect for AJJ. Hope you had a wonderful weekend. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a fabulous page, love the colours, the faces and all the stamps you used. Have a wonderful week, take care! Hugs, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I love the unusual colors, shapes and patterns and the idea behind it, it looks so romantic on your journal page!
Have a good week, hug Elke

Rita said...

Clever to print the one face on tissue paper so they could look at each other. Very pretty page. :)

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page on that wonderful background Chris! xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Such a pretty page and a thoughtful gift of the stamps. I never remember to use tissue paper for a reverse image and slippery acetate always scares me away from doing it at all. XOX

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Not sure how I missed this one, but I seem to be running behind a lot this month. There is a lot going on in this journal entry. I love those stamps. I could look at this all day long and find more to see. Thanks for another great entry at Art Journal Journey, honoring Eileen's theme.

Mrs.B said...

A stunning page Chris

kathyinozarks said...

I really love your page. stamps are perfect gifts. I just bought me a couple new stamps recently so fun to play with