Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 10 December 2019

T Stands For.....the last full day in Paris

Hi everyone! There are still lots of bits and pieces to be moved from our caravan bit we have two more trips to sort things out! 

On the Sunday of free museums in Paris we headed for one that wasn't free - the Jewish Musem, just a short walk away from the Picasso museum.


We had eaten a good lunch(as you saw last week) but it was still hot and we needed a drink - Citron Presse for me and hubby had a lemonade.

Of course I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands for Tuesday
 There was some interesting photography in here but I was keen to get to another exhibition!


 Helena Rubinstein was such an iconic figure and of course - she knew Picasso!











 Some of the magazine adverts for her products
 These really did fascinate me! Memories of watching my Grandma putting on makeup!

The afternoon went very quickly and it was time to leave the museum 
It was about time we had an ice-cream from our favourite Ice cream shop on the Isle de St Louis and is the only time I have ice cream from a cornet - as we walked across the bridge we saw the broken Notre Dame Cathedral.
Here are some photos of the progress being made on her repairs









As you can see - it is still such a big job!Only one day left now and you know where we will be going on our last morning! Don't you??
Thanks for looking, Chris

9 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

I especially love the photos of the work at the Notre Dame Cathedral. They seem to be working quickly. The museum does look fascinating. I love my virtual travel with you as guide :) Happy T Tuesday!

My name is Erika. said...

That looks like a fantastic exhibit on Rubenstein. I love exhibits that show about someone's life. And it is nice to see all the work being done on Notre Dame after that terrible fire. Thanks for sharing Chris. Does this mean wee are near the end of the Paris photos? Hope it was a good T day. Hugs-Erika

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh thank you , thank you for taking us along to the Helena Rubenstein exhibit!! Love the costumes and all the memorabilia! I remember so well the day the burning of Notre Dame was on all the channels on TV earlier this year- so sad. But glad so much of the structure and what was stored there was saved.I'll toast you both with a glass of citron too:) Happy T day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Just stopping by to let you know I’m back online. Both my internet AND my phone were down. I walked to my foodie friend Sally’s to use her phone to call the phone company and Sharon who graciously left the message.

I complained to the phone company that my internet often goes down on Mondays. I bet Sharon is getting tired of hearing from me on Monday afternoons. I asked the repair person what the problem was and he said “a line down the block had broken,” and after he repaired it, he came here and reset my phone AND internet lines. This was the greatest early Christmas gift I could have received. Yes, I’m doing a happy dance.

I can’t possibly catch up with you at the moment, but I am simply grateful that you chose to visit and spend T time with me today. Thank you for that.

I really enjoyed the visit to the Rubenstein Museum. I had NO idea she was such a leader in cosmetics. I also enjoyed your drinks, too. Thanks for sharing your trip to the museum. I look forward to I suspect the Eiffel Tower?

Meggymay said...

Great photos Chris that is a museum I would have liked to visit. Helena Rubinstein products were something to dream of owning, looking around the beauty counters when going to town with friends back in the youthful days.
Your Paris Notre Dame photos were lovely to see as well, it will be a big job but they started so quickly after the fire and seem to be making progress.
Belated T day wishes Chris.
Yvonne xx

Cath Wilson said...

Good to see the work they're doing on Notre Dame - my favourite part of Paris! Thanks for that...I'm encouraged. You obviously have such a full time each time you visit. Brilliant.
Cath x

Rita said...

Thanks for bringing us with! :)

Eileen Bergen said...

Wonderful photos, Chris! I enjoyed the Helena Rubinstein exhibit very much. I too have memories of moms and grandmas being devoted to her brand.

The cathedral seems to be coming along quite well. It still makes me sad though to see all the destruction.

Belated happy T-day! Eileen xx

Let's Art Journal said...

It's a fabulous exhibition! So wonderful to see them putting Notre Dame back together again too 😀. Thanks for sharing Paris, it's such a beautiful place! Wishing you a happy Friday and weekend! Hugs, Jo x