Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 5 December 2019

Journalling again!

Hi everyone! I've been trying to fit in a bit of crafting now that most of the sorting out has been done! We have brought a lot home and the apartment looks like a charity shop collection room! Some things have been brought home to replace what we have here, some is 'stuff' that we don't want to part with and some is because we just haven't read the books or watched the videos we took there! There's still more to come too...though not a lot and my family are coming at the weekend to take some too!
Meanwhile there have been appointments to keep, and some social events to attend!

I made a journal page for Yvonne's 'Words and Numbers' theme at Art Journal Journey.


I smudged some colour over the page then added lots of circle stencilling using AallandCreate stencils. I added text, music and leaves and the long stars and circles stamp (also AAll&C) then some napkin with music on in parts.
I used a glue lid and gold paint to stamp around the five circles and then spattered copper paint over the page. Finally some metallic markers to write the number and words.

Off to try and fit some things in cupboards now! 

Thanks for looking, Chris

11 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I know it's hard to take time away from doing the "real life" things that must be accomplished, but both Yvonne and I appreciate you sharing this beautiful journal page with us. It's a great entry, and of course, I'm now singing the song. Thanks for sharing this incredible journal page using Yvonne's theme with at Art Journal Journey. Thanks, too, for being so supportive of AJJ.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Forgot to mention yet again, that you are the QUEEN of stamping. I love this.

Meggymay said...

You got me as well Chris with this song and I am now thinking of the children in school adding actions to the words.
It is a fabulous page and I appreciate you creating it for the AJJ theme especially when you are so busy. But its good to take time out to enjoy your crafting and I hope you will be able to fit the things in your cupboards.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

I like the smudged color background and the 5 gold rings. Doing a spread for those different days (of the song) is a great idea! Good look with all the caravan items. Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Fabulous page! He I'm going to be singing this song for the rest of the day ...lol 😉. Happy Friday and have fun with your family this weekend! Hugs, Jo x

craftytrog said...

Fabulous page Chris! xx

kathyinozarks said...

I Love your journal page Chris! It's awesome hugs Kathy

Divers and Sundry said...

Fitting things in cupboards is how I discovered how much too much I have lol Now every time I pick up a mug in a store I realize I have no place for it and put it back down. Well, except for the new espresso cups I picked up the other day.... lol

Helen said...

Love the journal page. Good luck with the cupboards - if you find a trick of a never filling one, can you let me know as I'd love some!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

I'm as excited as you did
a beautiful page
Happy Advent day,
Elke

froebelsternchen said...

A fantastic page Chris! Happy start of the next week!
Susi xxx