Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 23 July 2019

Splatters and Splodges at TIOT - Do it while you can!

Hi everyone, we have a new theme at Try It On Tuesday and it's right up my (art)street - 'Splatters and Splodges' I sometimes get a bit carried away with my splattering...as you can see!
The Design Team have some brilliant examples of how Splatters and Splodges really do make for great art!
I started with a big splodge of ink on my mat which I spritzed and dropped the page down onto - I pressed a paper towel over it straight away as I didn't want it too dark.
Next came some text using a stamp from Paper Artsy's Courtney Franich set ECF03.I added some blobs of watered down ink and splattered them with end of an ecoline pen which I then dipped into ink and printed a few circles.Then it was time for a bit of spattering and dabbing with the a darker ink.
Next came three leaves and an accidental upside down postmark from Courtney's ECF06 set and the quote from PA Hot Pick 1902EZ

We are already over half way through the year and the leaves will soon change colour..

We are lucky to have so many Public gardens nearby and of course I always look for any green areas when we go away.
Here are some of the trees we saw while in France...
Poitiers
From the train on the way to Beaune
My favourite trees of the whole trip...in Lyon
The scent was amazing and lingered in the air all around - so much so that at first I thought the cafe had been spraying something! We came across several areas where there were rows of these Lime trees.

We stood underneath this one watching the bees - here is a link about Lime trees.
Avignon walls - are these trees laughing at me - lol?!
This is  walnut tree in my SIL's garden.
I couldn't resist taking this photo of the sunrise from her bathroom window one morning! 
A welcome sit down and a lovely view in Beaune!

So, this page also fits with my 'We're all going' theme at Art Journal Journey as we can still enjoy seeing the greenery on the plants for a while longer I hope!

The Try It On Tuesday challenge is on for the next two weeks and we are looking forward to seeing your 'Splatters and Splodges'

Thanks for looking, Chris

14 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

I love this page with the muted colours and those photos are heavenly Chris! Thank you for sharing and hosting AJJ so well this month! You just make us happy my artsy friend!
Susi xxx

Cath Wilson said...

Delicate and pretty, despite the splatters and splodges, lol. Love those leaves! Fab photos, too...such wonderful architecture and scenery - gorgeous.
Cath x

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, how I love those leaves of Courtney's and you've done them proud with this gorgeous page - the soft muted colours are lovely, and all those splatters and splodges bring it to life beautifully. Wonderful photos of your trip to Beaune too.
Alison x

My name is Erika. said...

You were playing with the saame stamps as me! I can see that now. Wow. Monochromatic is so beautiful and dramatic. I really should try it sometime (if I didn't get so carried away with colors). And I am with you about finding green space to walk. Enjoyed your photos. I will sit and take in the lovely view! Hugs-Erika

Rosie said...

A beautiful page and I love your photos

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wonderful splatters and splodges, dear Chris. It's gorgeous and I absolutely LOVE the leaves, too. Thanks for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey as well.

You have a festival of great and unique trees you saw while in France. These were great to see.

Joan said...

I love the natural colours and textures on your page, beautiful leaves too


Joan x

Meggymay said...

A fabulous splttered inky page Chris, its a lovely colour combination you used.
I also loved the photos you shared as well.
Yvonne xx

lgh said...

Love this page and how you tie it to your travel photos ! I always look forward to your posts! Thanks for sharing.

Lisa (Random_Flair / lghjax !)

Annie said...

A stunning journal page Chris x Love the background and those amazing leaves

Your photographs are fabulous

Best wishes
Annie x

Mrs.B said...

A lovely page Chris, love the neutral shades and the background looks wonderful with all those splatters and text. It's a fabulous quote.
Loved looking at the photos you shared.
Avril xx

Divers and Sundry said...

It's fascinating to hear how your process works towards such a lovely piece. The seasons come and go, and I hadn't thought how close we're getting to another change with Autumn. So many different kinds and shapes of trees!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Fabulous page, Chris. I'm struggling to make neutral and pages with space, so pages like this are very inspiring/interesting to me. You're so versatile in your art! Eileen xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Absolutely love this page Chris, the leaves are incredible.. There is no such this as too much with splatter & splodges, they all just add to it's character and it's turned out amazing!! Thank you for the challenge over at TioT.
Hugs Tracey xx
P.S Thank you again for taking us along on your travels x