Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 5 July 2019

Singing in the rain!

Hi everyone, I hope the sun is shining where you are! By now we should be in Paris on the final part of our trip!

I have another page for my theme at Art Journal Journey - 'We're All/Going' 

This time my idea for the page came from seeing an image in a free magazine featuring this man with the umbrella sitting on a rock! Immediately thought of Umbrella Man(this one is courtesy of ShazSilverwolf who brought her dies to the WOYWW crop). I smooshed some distress oxide over him and then used a Carabelle text stamp with the same colour. I love this Artistic Stamper Umbrella Girl who is one of Mabel Lucie Attwell's drawings.

Part of the background was already there so I added more DOx colours and spritzed them and dabbed them with a paper towel before they dried.
The raindrops are some layering stamps that I bought several years ago in a sale.

What else could these three do but sing in the rain? 

I'll be back soon and if I haven't already managed to visit you by then I will be having a massive catch up!

Thanks for looking, Chris 

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love the variety of "characters" you used in your rain inspired journal page. They are all so different, yet you have pulled them together flawlessly. Thanks for sharing this journal page with us using your theme at Art Journal Journey.

Neet said...

Great page - one drawback though - I hope you are not saying it is raining where you are. Judging by the weather reports you will have had hot weather and I am so looking forward to seeing about your holiday. Hopefully the trip will have inspired you to do more and more of your Art Journal Journal pages to inspire us!
Hugs, Neet xxx

My name is Erika. said...

Singing in the rain is better than being sad in the rain for sure. Hope it is not raining in Paris and the sun is out so you can enjoy your day. Ut is hot here. Summer-finally. hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

An amazing page Chris! Singing in the rain is a pleasure for the soul! A wonderful entry for AJJ! Love to see your travel photos on insta! Hope all is well!
Susi xxx

johanna said...

fun photo of the man on the rock! love your flamingos in the post before, too!
wishing you a nice weekend, oxox

craftytrog said...

Great idea and a wonderful page Chris! xx

Helen said...

playing catch up... love this page and all your singers!

Cath Wilson said...

We've had very mixed weather, though some really good days :-) You, however, were in the midst of yet another French heatwave, lol...hope it wasn't too hot. This is a great page - we really ought to all sing in the rain!
Cath x