Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 25 June 2019

Material Girl!

Hi everyone, a scheduled post again today for our new theme at Try It On Tuesday, and as it is a sewing, stitching, faux stitching, textiles kind of theme we are calling it 'Material Girl' 
Please take a look at the Design Team's fabulous samples!

I am not usually much of a material girl but I did enjoy making this card!
I used my machine to sew the old T shirt fabric onto some sturdy cotton, then it was just a matter of layering lace, the beautiful Crafty Individuals image and some flower bits and pieces - some by glueing and some by stitching!

You have the usual 2 weeks in which to enter and there are some rules to check out on the TIOT blog! 

If you are wondering how far we have got we should be in Toulouse by now! 

Thanks for looking, Chrisx

11 comments:

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what an amazing card! I love how you layered the fabrics together with the pretty lace and image with the beautiful flowers - stunning 😁. I hope you are having happy travels, enjoy! Hugs, Jo x

Marjut said...

So beautiful card. I Love the lace and flowers you choice.

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, Toulouse - that's where my current book has me right now - (Kate Mosse's Burning Chambers.) I'm not much of a 'material girl' either, but I'd never have guessed that from your fabulous page. It's gorgeous.
Hope you're having an ab fab time in my favourite country - and eating lots of yummy French food :-)
Cath x

Rosie said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous, Chis

Mrs.B said...

A beautiful card Chris, gorgeous layering with the fabrics and lace and the lovely image.
Hope you're enjoying Toulouse, and the weather's not too hot.
Avril xx

Helen said...

Hope you are enjoying the holiday and the pain is manageable. Heard it's got very hot in France though,so hope you've found some shady spots. Gorgeous fabric card!

froebelsternchen said...

Gorgeous!

Words and Pictures said...

A gorgeous card for a lovely theme... Hope you're safely arrived and enjoying Toulouse!
Alison x

Joan said...

Lovely card Chris, beautiful layers and flowers


Joan

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous feminine card Chris, beautiful lace trimmings, I hope you are enjoying your holiday.
YVONNE XX

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

There is everything to love about this Chris, those inviting fabrics and lace are like a warm hug to me and all so pretty. Where ever you are in the world today have a happy one.. Hugs Tracey xx