Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 4 June 2019

T stand for.......then this happened!!!

Hi everyone!

Okay, so there's been a slight change in my state of health!

Last week I started back on the specific anti-biotics (after being given the ones that weren't even likely to get me better!) I felt no better but on Saturday we headed to the WOYWW crop(more of that tomorrow)slightly later than intended and had a lovely day, helped along by painkillers!!!
Then this happened!
There has been no change in the pain in my back so, as requested by the Doc last week went back today, except he wasn't there and I saw some one else. She dip tested my sample and said it was all clear...the back pain now must be that I did actually put something out of place!
Getting in and out of bed is the worst time but lying in bed is also painful.
To me it feels no different to last week, so...excercises and Deep Heat it is then!
I have a week to get better before we get onto the first train of our holiday.....but at least hubby has stopped talking of cancelling the whole thing!!!

Then this happened!
Do you remember this?
 On Saturday I came back to find this!!! Whaaaat?

Then this happened!
We went up to our caravan for a few days...except......I had about 5 hours sleep....so it turned into an overnighter - we came back home yesterday!!!
Still at least I got to see my garden!

 My favourite area still, even though the stump is almost rotted away!


 My Red Hot Pokers look as though they are cooler this year!
 A few hidden Irises
Almost over......
...but look at the buds here! 

 The mint I allowed to go wild is there for the bees again this year!

I have forgotten what this plant is called but I have never seen so many flowers on it!

Then this happened!
After the Doc's this morning we went off to shop at the supermarket with the nice cafe and it is here where I will join Bluebeard and Elizabeth for T stands For Tuesday.
We ordered our drink and snack and the till wasn't working - the assistant told us to pay later but as there were no other customers hubby said he would do it straight away so off they both went to find a till!
They were gone for around 10 minutes....it seems that there were no tills free so they queued behind someone who had forgotten to weigh and price her veg at first, then hubbies card refused to work(it is a new card and has already happened twice before!!)
I had my Americano, and I had to turn this almond croissant around so you can't tell I already started it and hubby had Cappuccino and carrot cake!

I'm sorry to say I didn't get around to everyone last week and I'm not sure whether I will post next week as I don't think I will get around to visit everyone again!

Thanks for looking, Chris

18 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having a tough time Chris. My Hubby has a problem with his back and the pain is almost constant, so you have our sympathies. I hope that things improve for your holidays, so that you’re able to enjoy it. Beautiful photos and I’m always envious of the view that you have from your caravan, it’s stunning x

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh dear, it sounds like you are really in the wars, hope you soon feel better. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

Back pain can be so hard to deal with (speaking from experience here), and I do hope your current plan sees steady improvement so you can have a fun holiday.

I love yellow irises!

Happy T Tuesday

Helen said...

oh my Chris. I do hope your back recovers enough to go catch loads of trains! Loved the "and then this happened" narrative today! take care, hugs, Helen xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I'm sorry to hear about your back. I hope it feels better before your first holiday / vacation trip. And what happened to your cactus plant? How sad to see that. Your outdoor gardens look beautiful. You have many lovely flowers growing. I didn't know the bees liked mint. Your drinks and desserts look delicious. Happy T-Day! (And hopefully no one takes it personally if you don't get time to leave comments for them. I try to get to everyone each week, but sometimes I might miss some people.)

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I'm sorry you're right back where you started with your back, Chris. It would have been nice if it were just caused by an infection. Your garden is amazing! I don't know how you can maintain two of them. But you do a terrific job!

Happy T-day! Feel better quick. Eileen xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What's important right now is that you get well. I'm glad T is continuing with the trip as planned, but don't sacrifice your health and back safety for it. There are other years you can go to France (OK, I'm guessing you are going there for at least part of your trip).

You are really going to miss your garden in your caravan. Is that chives I see in a pot?

What a mess to try to pay at the cafe. Seems cash is needed for times like that. However, your croissant and Americano look beautiful. Now I'm really hungry, and would gladly eat T's carrot cake in his absence (grin). Thanks for sharing your caravan garden and your food and drinks with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend.

johanna said...

health first! take care of yourself - i hope the back pain will not go on long... xox

Meggymay said...

Oh Chris what a week you have had. I do hope all will go well and you will be able to go on your holiday. Sometimes seeing a different doctor does get you to make progress.
The photos of the caravan garden look lovely, the views look good at this time of the year.
Happy T day wishes Chris and look after yourself.
Yvonne xx

kathyinozarks said...

Chris I am so sorry you are still in so much pain-perhaps you need a chiropracter to get you realigned.
Your garden is so beautiful so glad you were able to enjoy it. So hope you get out of pain before your vacation.
no worries about making it around to visit -hugs Happy T wishes Kathy

Linda Kunsman said...

My what a time you've been having dear Chris. I so hope your back pain gets resolved very soon now. I have had severe sciatica a few times and do know of the pain:( Poor plant- I wonder what happened. You've had your share and now it's time for things to turn around- especially with your France trip coming around the corner! Beautiful garden photos and scenery. Your croissant is looking so yummy, and what I wouldn't give to have one in France again...
happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

Wow, those are 2 totally different things, aren't they? Glad they got the diagnosis right and hope you can get the back back to normal before you leave. And I have had that same thing happen to this type of cacti before. It is always a shame, isn't it? Mine was because it had too much water. I am late for T day this week but hope it was a happy. Take care of your back. Hugs-Erika

Annie said...

Hope that things are better for you today Chris as you have had a difficult time of late x I had terrible back pain a few years ago but regular walking/gentle exercise really is the only thing, though you just want to protect your back by not moving.
Your garden and caravan photos look amazing x Fingers crossed pain reduces soon xx

Huge hugs Annie x

Rita said...

I do hope this is a better week!
Everything looks gorgeous, though. :)

Lisca said...

Oh gosh, it doesn't rain but it pours! Your 'And then this happened' narrative made it sound all very comical, but I bet it's not funny at all. Especially the bad back. So far no solution. Grin and bear it as they say.
I'm glad you made it to the crop. I've seen photos. I do hope you will soon be your old self again, pain-free that is. So you can enjoy your holiday.
I enjoyed your garden at the caravan.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Joan said...

Hope you feel better soon Chris

Neet said...

So you have a bad back too. It seems as if your doctor is more proactive than mine as I have been suffering for 6 months now with continual pain daily. Just about fed up. In fact Port Sunny was the first time I had ventured out since mid December apart from hospital and doctors surgeries.
Do hope you get fixed before your holiday, I long for a holiday and Chas deserves one after looking after me so well.
Perhaps we can meet up when you get back and swap notes.
Hugs, Neet xx

Caty said...

I hope you will feel better very soon Chris !! back pain is so hard.
I love your garden, much lovely than my pots ! I wish you a happy belated T-day, sorry I´m late again.
And I also wish you a very nice Friday, without pain.
Big hugs, Caty