Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 2 February 2019

What was I thinking? A Second Look On the 2nd

I'll try to keep this short but I have two related posts to show you..

Bleubeard and Elizabeth invite us each 2nd of the month to show an older post that you may not have seen before.
I have gone back to February 12th 2015
          ------------------------------------------
I made this tag after having a day out with hubby in Nantwich.
It was such a lovely day and it led me to making something special for a Valentines present for him 
The tag is made from scraps around me although I had to dig out my TH heart and that Crafty Individuals couple. I used a Remnant rub on a TH fragment charm backed with a little scrap of paper.
I then stamped random script and PA clocks onto a grey card added ribbon and some more TH paper and here is my Valentines card for hubby!

Thanks you for all your kind comments about his present, in the end I decided to give it to him before we came away - he loved it although I got a quizzical look at first! He chose our treat - which is to visit somewhere new - I'll let you know where!!!


Meanwhile I hope you all have a lovely Valentines day(whether with pets, partner or a watching a romantic film!!)


              ------------------------------------
This one from 9th February will explain what I gave hubby as a present!
               ------------------------------------
This started as a Valentines present for my hubby(although I could benefit too he! he!)then I saw the challenge at Frillie and Funky - Be My Valen-twine!
My plan is to give hubby a jar with some choices on how to spend time together!

These are some of the suggestions (a few of the others may have a bit too much information!!)
I had made master boards to cut up…..


….these were then rolled up and dropped into an old coffee jar with a few handmade flowers in blues and pinks(when it starts to get empty the flowers will fill the gaps!)
I then set to - with the help of some inspiration on some other blog challenges that I especially like - and came up with this
I wrapped lace and some coloured linen stamped with a flower stamp around the middle of the jar.
The little metal word plaque came from an old handbag that I bought on a trip to France years ago - I rubbed Fresco Snowflake over it to pick out "je t'adore" (you see what a problem I have with not parting with stuff)
The ribbon is the last of some lovely crinkly ribbon and I can't remember where to go for more!!!
This is the other side
The flower image I used for the linen was stamped on to one of these
Coasters found in the after Christmas sale at Sainsbury's. There are several layers and the top layer was stroked over with a distress tool and stormy sky to show the leaves.
I mounted it on a die bought in a sale (Spellbinders I think)
The flowers are some I've had for ages and I used a Creative Expressions metal leaf rubbed over with Snowflake!
I stamped the TH clear heart stamp twice and cut it out with different size borders then mounted pink(Spun Sugar) on blue(Stormy Sky)
The top of the jar was painted with PA Fresco Snowflake paint a flower diecut stuck on top to make leaves! The flowers were going to be paper ones but just before bedtime last night I saw Julie Lavalette's post showing how to make some fabulous flowers using all different sorts of materials - so this morning I made two flowers from some old blouses that I had rescued from the charity bag and have been waiting for me to do something with for…..ages! The heart centres are some nail art from Poundland! All the flowers - on the lid and on the jar had a dry brush over with Snowflake.
Finally, a bracelet from a pound set from a Primark sale(I used to use them with a gift tag on gift bags)around the lid and some tissue tape around the top of the jar.
"Let's spend some time together" were computer generated and stuck onto twine to hang around the jar.


The only thing now is - we are going away and it's too big to hide (hanging my head - as I just leave out the things I need and hubby packs them)I may give it to hubby before we go away. I'll be taking a card in my handbag.
       ---------------------------------------------

Now, you might be wondering about this blog post title.....hubby did like his gift and for a few weeks it was used then......forgotten!!!

It stayed on a shelf...until last weekend when he decided to pick and activity which is why I abandoned my craft desk last Monday to have lunch together and go to the cinema! 

Thanks for looking, Chris
  

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Both pieces are lo Ely, especially the gift for your hubby. Happy 2nd on the 2nd, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Wonderful pieces Chris! WOW!!! Happy Second on the 2nd!
Happy weekend!

Susi

Words and Pictures said...

A lovely double trip down memory lane. I'm so happy to hear that the activity jar has started to do its job again (not that you ever seem to be short on activities together, going by the outings you share here!). Have a lovely weekend.
Alison x

My name is Erika. said...

These are both gorgeous pieces Chris and I think the romantic jar is a super idea. I am glad to hear your husband pulled it out and you two had a nice "date" day out. Thanks for the reshare and happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

Cath Wilson said...

What a great idea for a gift, Chris - I love it and it sounds as if it's been well appreciated, too. Love your card - the colours are wonderful - it looks stunning!


Enjoy your times together. They're far more precious than we realise.

Cath x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

The tag is beautiful and the jar with things to do together is a great gift idea! Both were wonderful gifts to give to your husband.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I remember both of these, Chris. I was so impressed with the tag and card, and of course the jar of activities en"twined" with love and fabric flowers from an old blouse. I always love anything recycled.

Thanks for sharing both of these with us as your second look on the 2nd, dear Chris. Now I'm off to see what I have missed as I attempt to play catch-up.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A beautiful and romantic tag Chris, love how the colours marry together.
Your activity jar is fabulous and it's good to know it is doing it's job, we all need a little prompt every now and then, no matter how adventurous we are.
Wishing you a super Sunday Hugs Tracey xx

Mrs.B said...

A lovely project Chris and a lovely gift to hubby that you can share. Glad to see that you've started to use it again, and I love your card, so romantic.
Avril xx

Divers and Sundry said...

What a delightful gift! And I love how pretty the jar is.

Rita said...

All so pretty! Love those coasters--how elegant. :)

Lisca said...

What a beautiful gift! And such a good idea! I'm so glad you dug that one out, it's worth seeing again (I hadn't seen it yet though)
Hope you had a good weekend,
Lisca

craftytrog said...

Such a wonderful gift and card Chris! xx