Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 19 February 2019

T Stands for .........trips and other things!

Hi everyone, I am only 21 hours later than I intended writing this post....nothing untoward just got in front of the TV last night and forgot!!! 
You will be pleased to know that the light is fixed! The electrician gave us a time which was OK but we asked him if he could come a little later if possible...he said he couldn't, so we assumed he would come at the time he said...we waited and waited but had to go out and shop, knowing that he wouldn't come at the time he said he couldn't! I left a message on his phone and texted the next day...nothing...soooo...we looked it up on the internet - found a step by step video and did it ourselves!! I did ring one of my sons first just to check that we had got it right and although he said he would try to pop in this week we decided to go ahead!

As for the trips in the title they took place after Messy Day where the group made some lovely cards....



  ...and got messy with Distress and Distress Oxide Inks!
I need to get thinking about the next time now!!

On Thursday we had to meet our Minister to go to the bank with her.
We went for coffee afterwards but I forgot to take photos...so...I took this at lunch in Gino's where hubby and I went after a little bit of shopping!
I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for Tea Stands For Tuesday

Hubby thought he had a better choice of drink (with a fancy name ) than my Americano, but I doubt it as Gino's coffee is very tasty!
I had a flat bread with roasted vegetables and goats cheese, Hubby had a chicken, pesto and tomato Genovese focaccia sandwich.

On Friday we went to Styall Mill.
I took around 200 photos so I will show you a few here but will prepare another post if you wish to see more!
Styall(also known as Quarrybank) is a working mill and if you saw the TV series 'The Mill' back in 2013/14 you will have seen it in a starring role as many of the scenes were filmed in the mill and the village built for the workers.
The cloth they make is sold in the shop, either as lengths of cloth or as tea towels etc.(didn't take photos - but I will!!
 "Very noisy in here isn't it??!!!"

The mill is powered by a huge water wheel which is connected to the whole system.

 It was late enough in the day to see the moon rising!
 Lots of Winter flowers around
 Here is the mill from the upper part of the garden
As well as this visit to the mill we went for a woodland walk at Dunham Massey after shopping on Saturday - the electrician didn't stop us fitting that in, although it was late in the day and very cold so my hands stayed in my pockets!

On Sunday we met up with family at Speke Hall In Liverpool...but this is one of only two photos I took....too busy chatting!!


I will get around to visiting soon!

Thanks for looking, Chris

21 comments:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

It was such a delight to see all of your photos. Great cards created by everyone. Lovely meal out with your hubby. And the mill looked fascinating. Thank you for sharing your photos.

Krisha said...

What a great post, well worth waiting for LOL! I got in front of the TV last night and forget too.
Gosh all those cards are beautiful.
I loved seeing the mill, how interesting that it is ran by a water wheel!
Happy T-day

Valerie-Jael said...

You all made great cards, it must have been a fun day. Glad you got the light repaired. You visited some great places, the mill looks most interesting. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

I loved everything is this post-your groups cards were wonderful-tell them I really loved them
My most favorite though was the mill-I weave so wow I would love to be able to visit this historic place--I would love more photos please do they have a web site??
Your husband so nice to let you share his photo-Happy T Hugs Kathy

Meggymay said...

It was a super post to read Chris and all the photos were lovely, the Mill is looked a great destination.
Your husband always smiles for us, the food does look delicious.
The cards the group created all look fantastic, I think everyone must look forward to being together and making cards.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

The electrician will be surprised if he ever gets back to you. Good for you! Both meals look delicious. Your outings look like fun :) Happy T Tuesday!

Helen said...

great photos, love the cards - looks like everyone was having a good time. Well done for fixing the light too.

My name is Erika. said...

Looks like a fun day with the ladies getting messy. I think the mill is fascinating. Here in New Hampshire we used to have lots of textile mills in similar brick buildings. They have since all closed down, so it is really fascinating to see the insides. I hope it was a great T day. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely cards. Such delicious eye candy. Good thing you and your Hubby are handy. I'd have to sit around and wait for the electrician. Lunch looks awesome and the drink Hubby is holding looks very fancy. The mill is fascinating, but I bet super noisy. I loved seeing the flowers. No flowers here for another couple of months. And sometimes you need to be in the moment without snapping pics left and right. Sounds like you had a wonderful outing with family. Happy T Day

Brenda Brown said...

So much creativity and beautiful photos. A great post Chris. I’m glad you sorted your light but how mean the electrician let you down without contacting you! Enjoy the rest of the week xxx

chrissie said...

Busy as always Chris and you do add so much variety to your life. Pleased your light is now fixed

Love the cards that you all mad and what a grand bunch of ladies to meet-up with.

Nice food and drink with your hubby as well

Hope T Day went well

Love Chrissie xx

johanna said...

nothing better than creating with such a group of like-minded! and i´m always enjoying your trips. happy t-day (well, belated) and rest of the week:)

Lisca said...

I can see you all loved 'getting messy'. What a great way to get together. The cards are beautiful, I must say.
I love Quarrybanks! We have been twice! It made anexpression on me, especially the conditions of the children, although they had a schoolroom, which I suppose was a luxury. They all slept together in this huge bed, if one can call it a bed.
Thank you for sharing your outing. Looking forward to seeing more photos if you have them.
Happy (belated) T-Day,
Lisca

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your host is even later than you, dear friend. Very impressive cards. I like the fold out ones made with boxes, but they are all fabulous. So glad you and T fixed the light so you could share these beautiful cards and get back to seeing again. Looks like your crafty friends enjoyed the day. I'd LOVE to craft with others.

T looks rather pleased with his selection of beverages. I might want to try it, too. It looks decadent. For once your sandwich looks better than T's but I do love pesto.

Being from the states, I've never heard of Styall Mill. I was FASCINATED and would LOVE to see more photos. Anytime manufacturing is concerned, I love seeing how it's done, either in the modern or industrial age. It's certainly a large building.

Thanks for sharing your card making friends, your day at Styall Mill, and your's and T's food and drinks with us for T this Wednesday. Better late than not at all (on my part, that is)!

Linda Kunsman said...

great post filled with so many good things! The cards the ladies made are beautiful- you're a good teacher Chris. That mill must have been really something to visit in person. So glad to see it continues to thrive! And now I am quite hungry and will happily enjoy either of your sandwiches:):) happy belated T day!

Rita said...

What fun to meet with a group to play!!
The mill looks just fascinating!
Food looked great and I can't believe you have flowers there. :)

Sharon Madson said...

Wow! The cards are all beautiful! Thanks for sharing photos of the mill and your walk, and your meal! Happy T Day!

froebelsternchen said...

Self do , self have - well done with the lightning!
Oh my gosh - amazing cards - great to craft with like- minded creatives! Always super!
This mill is impressive, thank you for showing the photos and you make my mouth watery seeing these fancy coffee-drinks and the flat breads!
Happy belated T-Day my friend!
Big hugs, Susi

Words and Pictures said...

What busy creative bees you all were - just look at all those great cards. Congrats on sorting out the lighting yourselves, and thank you for sharing another fab day out. The mill looks fascinating and Speke Hall looks like a glorious building. Sad not to see more photos of it, but very happy you were having such a good time with your family gathering!
Alison x

Let's Art Journal said...

It looks like you have been having such a fun time! The cards look spectacular, don't they 😁. So nice to see Styall Mill,it's a beautiful place and I've never been to Speke Hall so I'm off to find out more about it ...lol 😉. Happy belated T Day wishes! J 😊 x p

Eileen Bergen said...

Good for you, Chris, doing a DIY repair. Getting repair people to come when convenient for YOU is one of the most annoying things about modern life I can think of.

Here I get get to see native women weaving on hand looms. Fascinating and much less noisy ;-)

The messy day results look terrific! What fun!!

Sorry I'm so late commenting on your T-day post. I made early rounds and forgot to check back for new arrivals. Oops.

Belated Happy T-day! Eileen xx