Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 1 February 2019

Looking forward to a bright future...

Hi everyone, we still have little areas of snow hanging around! This morning started sunny but sadly the clouds are back again!

On the bright side, most definitely, is the new challenge set by Rike at Art Journal Journey - 'THE COLOUR YELLOW'!

I hadn't started my calendar journal - I don't fill it in until the evening or sometimes the next morning so I set out with my A4 sketch book - the same as I have been doing since 2011. I added Crafty Individuals stamps all over the page - mainly 'You are a star' CI468. Over that I added watery Cheesecake PA Fresco paint and then with a dry brush added Mocha Mousse and Yellow Submarine.
The journal squares are some printed marbled paper I have had for a while.
The stamps along the bottom are a mixture of stamps by Paper Artsy and Crafty Individuals.
'February' was cut from an old calendar.
Here is last months - quite a full month as you can see - I think maybe I should have bigger journaling squares but as I use my handy punch at the moment I think it would become a chore rather than a pleasure.
I used Crafty Individuals "Winter garden' CI425 and as you can see I used it as part of this month's too!

I don't know whether you can see but I have written on two squares in February 'CI', that's because Crafty Individuals Hochanda shows are on two separate days this time - Monday 4th at 4.00pm and Tuesday at 10.00am. There are new stamps and believe me - they are fabulous! 

Meanwhile,tomorrow I will be back with a Second Look on the 2nd and I'll just say....what was I thinking???!!!

Thanks for looking, Chris


15 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

I love the January spread and I love the February pages you prepaired as well! Wonderful that you took the opportunity to make a YELLOW spread for February! Yellow cheers us up on those grey days!
And it fits the new AJJ topic just perfect! Thank you dear Chris! Happy start of the weekend! "See" you tomorrow at Second on the 2nd!


Hugs, Susi

Rike said...

Great idea to add yellow colours on your February calendar page - it looks sunny and bright and I wish to you the whole month is becoming in that way! (Sorry, my English is not the best). I like these stamps on the bottom and the word "February".
January was really a quite full month, your page is wonderful, I like these colours too!
Thank you very much for linking your amazing yellow calendar page to my theme at AJJ!
Wish you a happy weekend!
Rike xx

Krisha said...

What a fantastic way to use yellow!
Hope your month of February is just as cheerful as your calendar!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I love the warm yellows. It's such a welcome color with this cold winter weather a lot of us have been having this year.

Little Artbee said...

Perfect place for the yellow color and so nice this yellow calendar pages.
Dear greetings
Sabine

sheila 77 said...

That was an interesting way to adopt the colour yellow. I love the names of these yellow colours, especially "Yellow Submarine", and I like the grasses and flowers at the foot.

Meggymay said...

Winter and Spring colours in these two calendar pages Chris. the pale yellow shades and stamps look lovely.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

A beautiful February spread Chris!
Alison xxx

Rita said...

I absolutely love the botanical look of both of your calendar months!! :)

Words and Pictures said...

I love all your shades of yellow, from primrose to buttercup and all the way to sunflower! Those pages should keep you cheerful all the way through February.
Alison x

My name is Erika. said...

What a gorgeous calendar for February. And the days are getting so much longer. Perfect for some sunshine and yellow. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your calendars always put mine to shame. You were REALLY busy in January. I don't blame you for not wanting to change how you do things, since it would be a chore rather than fun. I know when I stopped cutting little squares, I was MUCH happier.

Your yellows are amazing. You used the entire gamete of yellows on this page. I bet it will be sunny and bright at your place this February as you fill in your calendar. Thanks, too, for sharing it using Rike's theme at Art Journal Journey.

chrissie said...

A great post with lots to admire and inspire. Great idea for your hubby's gift and your yellow page will brighten up the February days for sure.

Have a great day

Love Chrissie xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful pages! The colour and design look so delicate and magical - I love it 😁. I hope you had a lovely week and wishing you a happy weekend! J 😊 x

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I love both your January and the February pagess, Chris. The yellow one is just perfect for AJJ. Have a great weekend! Eileen xx