Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 26 February 2019

T Stands for ....Tick......

....or do I mean Check? I have noticed that this another of those words that may confuse others, especially you are in the USA!
Anyway, I have been ticking a couple of things off my Bucket List..not that it is written anywhere but I have some ideas in my head!!
First though, a journal page for Art Journal Journey, with two days to go of Rike's 'The Colour Yellow theme.
I used up some bits and pieces to make this A6 page!
It was inspired by the sunset we saw in Morecambe on Saturday - I have wanted to be in Morecambe for a sunset over the sea for a while. We have seen sunsets but have always been in the 'wrong' place and the view has always had buildings in the way!


 These were taken as we walked along to the Rotunda.
I came outside again to take this last shot before our drinks came and of course this is where I am dropping by at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's Altered Book Lover blog for T Stands For Tuesday..... 


.....not what you were expecting? 
Then neither will this be...
My lovely granddaughter caught having a quick biscuit dunk!!!
It was Hot Chocolates for most and a Cappuccino for me! The nice thing about the Rotunda is that biscuits come with your hot drink!

Now I can tell you about another of the items on my Bucket list and why we needed warming up. 

As some of you may know I spent my childhood in Lincoln in East Anglia but although I had been to Lincoln's football(soccer) ground I had never seen the team play.
The only other professional match I have seen was a World cup qualifying match at Wembley - I have been thinking for a while that I should see my home town team play!

My son and grandson both support a Premier league team but whenever they have had the chance they have been to watch Lincoln play(I have to add here that my home town team have just reached the top of League 2 which is the fourth tier in English football.)
On Saturday they were playing against Morecambe who are close to the bottom of that league.
As you can see the pitch is not so green and I can tell you that the seats at the top of the stand were not very comfortable! 
As the afternoon wore on it turned cooler too!

 A bit of a set to...but no one was really hurt!!!
So, 'my' team won by 2 goals to Nil and I have ticked this off my list too!!

I have lots more photos to show you from an outing hubby and I had..but that will be for another day!!!
Here's a little clue!
Thanks for looking. Chris

20 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Wonderful sunset impressions and an ADORABLE page! Oh my gosh - I can see how this sunset inspired your beautiful page! I am so happy to see you linking to AJJ again with this fabulous project and all the photos today just make me happy-- what a lovely girl your Granddoughter is! A beauty! And congrats on the win of your team!
Looking forward to seeing more photos of your outing!

Happy T-Day Chris!
Thank you so much for yet another fantatsic entry linked to Rike's theme!
Big hugs, Susi

froebelsternchen said...

sorry for my mistakes - my keyboard here is crazy - have to get a new one!

Meggymay said...

A great journal page Chris and all the photo's you shared. Wow you have been busy recently. Your granddaughter looked like she was enjoying dunking her biscuit and your drinks did look really good.
Happy T day wishes Chris.
Yvonne xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful sunset photos and love the journal page. I remember watching Lincoln play against Scunthorpe back in the 1960s! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

johanna said...

these beautiful sunset photos were a good inspiration for the journal page! great page made with leftovers! aah, and those snowdrops ♥ happy t-day and have a great week!

Rike said...

Such wonderful sunset photos! Very good that they inspired you to this beautiful art journal page!
Thank you for linking it to AJJ!
Your drinks look delicious and your granddaughter very lovely!
Happy day! Rike x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Your artwork is lovely and the sunset photos were fantastic. The cappuccino looked delicious. I'm glad you were able to tick off some of your bucket list items. Happy T-Day!

Let's Art Journal said...

Your sunset inspired art is beautiful! I loved seeing the sunset over Morecambe Bay and the Rotunda cafe is a favourite of mine, thanks to your recommendation of course ...lol 😉. It looks like you had a wonderful time with your family in Morecambe, so nice to get to watch football too! Wishing you a very happy T Day! J 😊 x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It always amazes me where inspiration comes from. I loved your beautiful day, inspired by the sunset you saw. It's a lovely entry, and perfect for Rike's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Your sunset photos would inspire anyone. I agree that most sunsets I've seen have too many buildings in them. Seeing a sunset over water is both beautiful and inspiring.

Is my British ancestry also showing? I use tick the same way, but I also use it as a noun, which is a vile bug that attaches to anything with hair (cats, dogs, humans who wander into the woods).

Looks like you got to tick two things off your "bucket list" this week. That soccer game must have been exciting, and a great win, too.

Loved seeing your choice of drinks this week and your beautiful granddaughter with her hot chocolate. Thanks for sharing your journal page, your sunset photos, your soccer experience, and your hot chocolate and cappuccino with us for T this Tuesday. I bet T was happy someone else got photographed instead of him this week (grin).

Helen said...

I am in awe at the sunset pictures (you know it's a thing of mine too) and never have I been anywhere so gorgeous for such a sight Glad you got some things ticked off the bucket list!

CJ Kennedy said...

The sunset shots were spectacular. It looks quite chilly on the soccer field. So cool your home town team won the game on the day you checked that item off your bucket list. And it looked quite chilly on the field, I can see why you needed a hot beverage. And I would never turn down free cookies. Will look forward to seeing the outing with your hubby. The snowdrops looks so pretty. Happy T Day

Rita said...

Cute page! That last sunset shot is just stunning.
Sweet to have time with your granddaughter.
Have a marvelous week. :)

Neet said...

Nothing nicer than a field of snowdrops - unless it is a biscuit being dunked!
I love your journal page - those letters look fantastic - textural?
Great sunsets too.
Hugs, Neet xx

Eileen Bergen said...

Wow, Chris, that's a terrific page and those are great sunset shots taken at Morecambe. As kids in the US, we used "tick" and "check" interchangeably. I can't recall when "tick off" came to mean "make someone angry." How languages are constantly changing is fascinating. It will never stop.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Kate Yetter said...

Your journal page is bright and cheery. I love all the alphabet cut out.
Lovely sunsets.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Halle said...

I can see how the sunset inspired your lovely page.
Happy T day!

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous page and wonderful photos, looks like a great day out Chris!
Alison xx

Divers and Sundry said...

That is a perfect place to watch a sunset! And you got such wonderful photos! Those sweet Spring flowers are delightful :) Happy T Day

Dora said...

Beautiful

Lisca said...

Your sunset inspired art is beautiful. And so is the real deal. What lovely photos. That must have been a real treat to see the sun sink into the sea. Gorgeous.
Great that you were able to see your team play. I don't know much about football and I don't think i could sit in an uncomfortable (and cold) place for more than 90 minutes.
Lovely photo of the snowdrops. I can't wait to see your next post.
Happy belated T-Day,
Lisca