Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 14 March 2023

T Stands for.....Thinking!

 Hi everyone, I've been thinking......a lot. 

I have resigned from Crafty Individuals Design Team, we have plans to be away for some of the year and I really couldn't see it fitting in at all. I will now have more time for blog visits and comments(where blogger will let me!) 

I've also had some thoughts about my craft room - when I first started the BIG TIDY I had thought that I would organise things in a certain way but now as I have started to use it again I am going to make some adjustments.

I also have time for entering some challenges and taking some online lessons....which is where I will begin!

Hubby and I had fun making these pages as part of Laly Mille's Art Journal Dreams retreat classes. Lots of layers!

Hubby found this fabulous owl pic in a magazine

I'm entering both of these at Art Journal Journey and Valerie's 'Anything Goes' theme

We got out for a walk before the weather turned cold again.





A grumpy face on this tree!

















Some of you will know this is one of my favourite views (and where it is!)


The 'view' from the bridge at the end of the path
Great to see the swans pairing up


The coot seemed to stay under the water for a very long time
I always associate Violets with April but these are looking very happy for March

Miniature Iris too





The Magnolia buds look like something from Day of the Triffids





From the Dunham Massey Winter Garden we headed back to the Visitor Centre





We had a coffee while were there but unfortunately no photo - this one is from the Garden Centre we called to on the way shopping last week.
It is here where I will join Bleubeard and Elizabeth of the Altered Book Lover for T Stands for Tuesday, where lots of lovely folk join them with their drink related posts.

Thanks for looking, Chris

14 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Some times we just need to prioritize our time. taking classes together again sounds fun. The piece you posted is wonderful I love it.
too cold here still for blooms except my daffodils are beginning to bloom now. You have such lovely places to take a hike in-loved all the photos thank you Happy T Kathy

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Chris, thanks for linking your beautiful journal spreads to my challenge at AJJ, much appreciated. Time to do nice things, travel and relax is so important, so I hope all your plans go well! Love the gorgeous flowers today. Hugs, Valerie

Cloudia said...

The owl is stupendous! Good luck.

jinxxxygirl said...

Prioritizing our time is so important so good to reevaluate once in a while. I'm doing the same with my craftroom.. How cool is that , that your hubby creates with you... so so green with envy here Chris.. Its Daffodil Time.. reminding me i did NOT get Daffodils planted again last Fall... I will this year or bust!! Camellias always remmind me of my Grandma.. Lovely pictures all Chris! Happy Tday! Hugs! deb

My name is Erika. said...

Both of those pages are really lovely Chris.I'm glad your hubby is joining us at AJJ. Be sure to thank him from me. And of course, I always love to see your pages too. It looks like you have some nice walking. And spring blooms. They look so lovely. As I write this we are having a giant snowstorm and probably have 30 cm of snow, and more to come as the storm isn't over yet. So keep posting those lovely spring photos. I hope you had a great T day Chris. hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

All the blossoms and emerging leaves are such beautiful signs of spring! Your photos are very enjoyable.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Sharon Madson said...

Beautiful photos as always! Thank you for sharing. Happy T day.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Simply lovely art from Laly's free workshop. I think I like both the owl and your hummingbird better than her moth and ladder. I also like you two didn't use a lot of drips down the page. For some reason, I'm not fond of drips. So glad you shared both of these at Art Journal Journey using Valerie's theme.

Your latest walk is wonderful. Gorgeous daffodils, camelias, violets, and beautiful baby irises. Just stunning color and green everywhere, except the trees.

Your coffees look delicious and your treats have me wanting something to eat about now. Thanks for sharing your art journals, your walk around the Dunham Massey Winter Garden, and your drinks and snacks with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris.

Rita said...

Sounds like you will have more art time and that is always good. The craft areas always seem like they need endless tweaking when in use. Lovely to see all the flowers! Snowbanks here. ;)

Elkes Lebensglück said...

That was a beautiful walk, you were right to do this and you saw so many pretty things. You also drank and ate deliciously. Wave over to your husband!
The Jornuals pages are beautiful and reflect what you have experienced! I'm excited about it.
Have a nice day, hug Elke

nwilliams6 said...

Gorgeous art! Love the owl that hubby found! Wonderful picture of him too. Love all the pictures - especially the grumpy face, the alien magnolia buds and the pretty flowers. Beautiful post, Chris. Happy t-day and hugz

Kate Yetter said...

I love the layouts that you and your husband made! Design teams can be so consuming and it's good to step back sometimes. I hope that you enjoy your creative time and classes. I look forward to seeing what you make if you decided to share it.
Love the photos from your walk. Spring is near!
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Neet said...

I too have decided it is time for my craft room to undertake a major haul. The only stamps I ever use comprise a small part of the whole so it is time for a cleansing. Unfortunately that means less artwork and blogging whilst it is being done.
Thanks for the lovely photos from your walk etc (the scone makes me long for one) and the two lovely journal pages. I am sure the walk inspired the in some way.
Hope the weather changes for the better soon, too many flurries of snow make it cold, too cold for days away at the moment.
Hugs, Neet xx

Pauline C said...

Beautiful art journaling Chris, love all the detail in the background. Fantastic photographs too from your walk … it’s great to capture spring coming to life.
Pauline x