Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 1 March 2023

Anything Goes...

Hello, it's the first of the Month and a new host takes over from Erika at Art Journal Journey. Thanks Erika for a fabulous month of hosting - I began to love red again!

Valerie of Bastelmania blog is our host with an 'Anything Goes' theme.

I am starting with a Mixed Media page.

It began with just the turquoise brushes on the page.

I added some Paper Artsy Infusion powders then spritzed with water. I added some stencilling with a Dina Wakley stencil and distress ink then added some stamping with some Dina Wakley dots.
Next came some more stencilling with a Tim Holtz stencil, which also went on to circles of leftover gelli printed paper from a Kate Crane workshop.
Finally some Dina Wakely Collage paper and tissue which was torn to size. The quote was taken from the same set of stamps as the dots and seems very apt at the moment.

I hope you will join us at AJJ this month - remember no cards, tags or ATCs unless they are part of your journal page. We're looking forward to seeing where the new theme takes you.

Thanks for looking, Chris 

10 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Goodness, Chris. There is a LOT going on, both in the background and the focal images. You really put your heart and soul into this. I love, how you added the great sentiment, too. Thanks for this great first entry you shared with us at Art Journal Journey using Valerie's new theme.

wendy kirk said...

Fabulous page Chris, love all the different elements. Hugs Wendy

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oh wow, Chris! I absolutely love your gorgeous mixed media work of art. The background is exceptional!!! I love what you did with the dian Wakely collage paper, too. And he quote is just perfect. Thank you for sharing your talents with all of us! Hugs, Sharon

My name is Erika. said...

Happy March Chris. This is a super page. I love how you punched out those circles and used that bit of paper. Those are great faces. And all your background details work too. I hope March starts off well for you. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous firsyt page for my theme Chris, thanks so much! Hugs! Happy March!

CJ Kennedy said...

Dots and colors are fabulous. Well done.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

This is a super, beautiful page.
Hug, Elke

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Really like the colours you chose for the background Chris, there is something very calming about circles.. I do love them. Fabulous collage using up those DW bits and those three quotes are very very true.
Happy Crafting Tracey xx

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderfully done page. Very cool base and the finished product is stunning. Love the colors and circles. I forgot how much I love your artistic pages. HOpe you are doing well. Hugz

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great design Chris, love it. Hugs, Angela xXx