Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 7 March 2023

Going Green at TIOT

 Hi everyone, March is coming in like a Lion, we drove through heavy rain, hail and sleet on Sunday, mind you when we got home it was very cold but there was blue sky and a lovely pale sunset. Now there is snow on the way!

Our new theme at Try It On Tuesday is 'Go Green' - it's a challenge that can mean use green for your entry, recycle something or, of course, St Patricks Day.

I opted for using green 


I used a Carabelle Studio big stamp - inked with Distress Oxide ink then spritzed it with water before stamping.
I inked through some Carabelle studio stencils then added some stamped leaves too. The 'postage stamp' used two Carabelle Studio stamps and I used a quote stamp that has become separated from it's set.
The baby Owl and the branch are both from a That's Crafty set designed by Melina Dahl - I extended the branch.
Finally I spattered the DOx over the page.

Please take a look at what the Design Team have been doing.
If you are not sure of the rules and guidelines they are here.

I hope that you will also 'Go Green' for our TIOT challenge this time.

I am also joining in with....
 and
 Stamping Sensations March Challenge - Stamping with optional wings and tails 

Thanks for looking, Chris





16 comments:

Rita said...

What a cute page. Love the owl and all the plants. The background fits perfectly, too.

Helen said...

LOVE that background to your stunning art journal page! That owl, those leaves (all of them)... perfect!!! ((HUGS)) Helen

My name is Erika. said...

I love all the layered green Chris. It reminds me of spring trying to peek its way through. And of course the owl definitely made me smile. I hope your lion weather improves. hugs-Erika

Elkes Lebensglück said...

This is a nice, green journal page. I have storm and rain too. Happy March day, hug Elke

Viv said...

Love this page Chris!

Valerie-Jael said...

This is so pretty, Chris! Thanks so much for linking to my challenge at AJJ, HUGS, VALERIE

Pia S said...

Your design feels multilayered even though it's rather flat in real life. You achieved a great effect with layers of stamping, stencilling and splattering.

Rika said...

this is lovely!

brenda said...

The weather certainly is changeable at the moment, much the same here. A pretty creation in all the shades of green, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations March challenge.

B x

Linby said...

I really like how you combined all the elements for this AJ page. It looks great. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

Meggymay said...

A fantastic inspiration page for the new TioT theme Chris and a sweet owl image.
I've had a catch up this morning and I enjoyed see those photos of your walk.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

Love this page. The green is quite subtle in that gentle background and then the various leaves are picked out in lovely shades of green. I love the touch with the owl. So sweet.
Hugs, Neet xx
ps so good to see you and spend time together on Sunday - not too long before our walk now. x

Joan said...

Great background and I just love that cute owl!

Joan x

Mrs.B said...

A lovely Spring themed page Chris, love the background layers and that lityoel looks so sweet on his branch.
Avril xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That's a charming owls and a great page. I love the background. This is ideal for Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey, too. Thanks for sharing it.

pinky said...

What a great bit of stamping, love your page Chris. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky