Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 1 January 2023

Time Well Spent

Hi everyone, Happy New Year - I hope it is a peaceful, hopeful and healthy one for you all.

We have a new host at Art Journal Journey but first a big Thank You to all of our hosts from 2022 including of course Jo who hosted our final challenge of the year.

Our new host Mia of Craftartista blog has chosen 'Use A Photo' as her theme so it's time to look through those photos of your own or use some of those taken by others(with permission of course). It's OK to use photos from old magazines too, which is what I have done.

I don't have an open fire, in fact I don't have a fire at all, just radiators.

This photo (from a French Flow magazine) made me think of my childhood. I still enjoy just sitting in a chair, especially on our balcony when it's sunny! Giving yourself time to think is certainly not wasted time.

I covered the page in torn book text then added gesso. I added a wash of reds through to yellows then used the same colour paints through some stencils.

The quote (a Paperartsy one by Alison Bomber of Words and Pictures blog) was stamped onto a Darkroom Door label.

I added some plastic tiles - originally made to cover bathroom tiles, next came Washi tape one with 'explosions' on and one with chocolates. Finally I added some edging from an old birthday card.

There are a few rules(here) but apart from that I hope you have fun with your photos at Art Journal Journey this month

Thanks for looking, Chris 



 

11 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, Chris. You used everything but the kitchen sink in this journal entry. I love how you used a magazine image. It gave me ideas for a spread or two. I was certainly inspired. Thanks for this first great AJJ entry using Mia's theme.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, Chris. I miss the open fires of my chidhood, too. Flickering flames are much nicer to dream by than a radiator! Happy New Year! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

This is such a lovely page Chris. Sitting by a fire (or woodstove) feels so nice when it's cold. That's a great image. I love all the details you added also, including the quote. Happy new year to you. hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

Wishing you a very happy and healthy year in 2023! I hope you document many more visits to France as I always love those posts.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Divers and Sundry said...

What a cozy, warming image. Happy New Year!

nwilliams6 said...

What a great picture, Chris. I love how you framed it and all your beautiful details. The tiles are very cool! Hugz

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely page. the Dollhouse doesn't have a fireplace so it would be so pleasant to sit in the chair beside the fire and dream. Happy New Year

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page and quote Chris and the colours of your background add a warming glow.
Wishing you a Happy Healthy New Year.
Avril xx

NatureFootstep said...

I would love to have that fireplace too. But living in an appartment that will not happen.

Happy New Year.

craftytrog said...

It's a wonderful page Chris. I love that peaceful and cosy image.
Wishing you a happy and healthy new year.
Alison x

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oh wow, Chris! What a beautiful page! I love, LOVE the magazine image you used and the fact that it reminds you of your childhood! That's what crafting is all about, to me! The background you created and the quote and wonderful! Thanks so much!! Hugs, Sharon