Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 17 January 2023

T Stands For......The Rain Or The Sun?

Hi everyone, we have had a lot of rain recently so I was thinking of showing you some gloomy pics...like this...

We had walk at the weekend to see if the path by the Mersey was open - it wasn't and this was as far as we got
These two were taken on the way back
Can you believe that the new owners of the local caravan park are clearing space by the river for more caravans?


I wouldn't want to be that close to a river that can get much higher than it is at the moment!

Anyway, let's not dwell on the wet weather - I'm sure you would prefer to go back to last September in France!

My eldest and his wife spend some of their year near to Tourtiorac where there is an old abbey - Link here

They had visited this themselves but knew we would find it interesting

The grounds are open and you can see inside some of the out buildings











Also in the grounds is a private house


After we had eaten some lunch we went for a walk by the river.
From here on our hosts had not visited so it was an exploration for all.
We found that we could get on to a little island on the river, where we could see Le LRD through the trees




The river is a popular place for canoeists to stop off so there are charge points, showers and toilets.


From here we came off the island and crossed the road that runs through the village and came to the Laverie (wash house) where the women of the village in times past would do their washing.






This beautiful Ragdoll cat tried to make friends and we had to try to discourage it from following us (I could happily have 'catnapped' it) 



The views from the top of the village were great

We though we had come across the ragdoll cat again but it's markings were slightly different 
One last building before returning to the car.

We haven't been out much lately, but did have a trip to IKEA last week. We are giving our fold up bed to charity so I can have some more shelves...but...I have to have a BIG sort out before we can get them.
We stopped for coffee and cake and were surprised to find that our coffee came free with our loyalty card.
I hade a Blueberry Muffin and hubby had Apple Cake and cream.
Thanks for looking, Chris

11 comments:

Carola Bartz said...

Good thing the river didn't flood everything. We have had so much rain recently with lots of flooding, landslides, fallen trees and unfortunately several fatalities all over California. Today is the first sunny day since the beginning of the year. It really is a mood lifter. Happy T day!

Helen said...

We really have had some rain lately! I love the photos from France - especially love the first ones of all those ancient walls and semi ruins!! my idea of heaven.

kathyinozarks said...

There has been allot of rain in the western states here as well. No I would not want to place a caravan that close to a rising river for sure.
I always love viewing France through your photos. enjoyed it all thanks Happy T Kathy

Sharon Madson said...

The blueberry muffin looks delicious, but the apple cake sounds good as well.
Your first photos reminded me of a castle and gardens we visited in Scotland. Thanks for the taking us with you. Happy T Day.

Mae Travels said...

Ikea is the same everywhere! We get free coffee with the loyalty card, we shop for storage items, and there’s even apple cake here in Michigan, USA. I’m sure your Ikea also has meatballs, too.

Your photos of France are always wonderful.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful pictures - you find the best places!!! Love it. Love that you got your coffee free and the desserts look fab.

Congrats on your remodeling project - changes like that are always so fun! Thinking of the possibilities is the most fun.

Happy T-day Chris and many hugz

My name is Erika. said...

What a lovely ancient abbey in France Chris. And what a great photo of the cat on the wall. This looks like a wonderful place to visit or to go. Your son has picked out a beautiful area to be. And after watching all the flooding on the news here in the US, I wouldn't want to move into a place so near the river (by the Mersey). It's been gloomy here too. But yesterday we had sun-finally, for just a day. But a day was better than not. I hope you had a great T day. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

I wouldn't want a camping spot that close to a river. I hope the caravan park owners have good insurance. Cool buildings to poke around. I think my favorite part of your trip were the kitties. So cute. Oh, I take that back. My favorite part is the blueberry muffin and apple cake. Happy T Day

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I am late visiting. Been in catch up mode most of last wek and this week, too.

You wouldn't catch me parking ANYTHING that close to ANY raging river. One woman in CA had her son torn out of her arms when she was trying to get out of a car in a raging river last week.

I was really impressed with the photos from the buildings in the old abby. What impressed me most were the walls that were built with stones. I can't believe how well all those stones fit so well together. What an amazing area you and your family visited. Loved the kitties, especially the one on the wall.

We don't have an IKEA anywhere near my state, so I am impressed that you got a free coffee with your muffin and cake. For once, I prefer your choice over T's. Thanks for taking us back to France and sharing your coffees and edibles with us fr T this week, dear Chris.


Kate Yetter said...

Yum! That apple cake and cream sounds delicious!
Your walk was lovely. There is something mysterious about old stone, carvings and overgrown foliage. Just beautiful! I loved seeing the photos from your trip.
Happy tea Day,
Kate

Empire of the Cat said...

That does look a bit close to the river! Maybe it will be OK during caravan season and they won't get washed away. Love that old fireplace in the abbey. I haven't been to IKEA for ahem a couple of years, but I used to go a lot for the free coffee with the Family card. Funnily enough I almost talked myself into going today but I couldn't face the drive, so I ended up ordering online. They have a nice looking vegan pie in the restaurant that caught my eye, too bad they don't deliver that with the furniture lol I'm very late to the party. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx