Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 3 January 2023

T Stands For...Trying to Walk!

 Hi everyone, if you haven't see my first post of the year may I wish you a very Happy New Year!

We haven't had a particularly exciting holiday period - we had to cancel a family gathering - twice - due to illness (not us thankfully) although we did get to see one son and a grandson. We have also spoken to our granddaughter via Face Time while she is in Australia. As yet we haven't reset the date! 

It's not even been the weather to try to meet outdoors or even for hubby and I to get much of a walk.

We had to get some more fresh food in the other day so we dropped into Styal Mill for a quick walk.

We have had a lot of rain but we were surprised to see just how fast the water was flowing at the weir. We walked closer so I turned and took this shot of the mill from a different angle.



The Bollin was deep and flowing fast too

It was still rushing along when we reached the formal gardens.

We found a Camellia bush with two lone flowers on it.

Lots of signs of Christmas celebrations around this area though - including a drunken elf?









Lots more in the greenhouses




It was cold and we were ready for a coffee but as the small cafe was packed we left.
We did get a coffee though!
The Garden Centre isn't so far away and we couldn't resist their great range of cakes!
I had an Americano with cold milk on the side and hubby had a hot chocolate.
Cheesecake and fruitcake were our cake choices.
I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday where each Tuesday we are invited to share something drink related.  

As you can see hubby laughs at me trying to get a decent photo! 
As if we need a reminder that we have had a lot of rain - on Saturday we went to get a newspaper and walked back by the Mersey - the island had disappeared.


That's all for now, Have another journal page to come and my calendar journal! 

Thanks for looking, Chris
 


14 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of lovely photos, including hubby laughing his head off! Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Mae Travels said...

Your photos are very enjoyable, especially your laughing husband. I hope you soon get to see your family, and that you have a wonderful year in 2023.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

kathyinozarks said...

I enjoyed your festive photos-especially the drunken elf-too cute Happy T and New Year Chris
hugs Kathy

Helen said...

Great photos, I love the Christmas decorations in the gardens. Hope the rain eases soon - it's been wet here, but I don't think quite AS wet! Hope you get your re-arranged Christmas get together soon. Happy New Year. Helen xx

Rita said...

I've never seen a tree wrapped in what looks like quilting!
Love the hubby laughing!!

Empire of the Cat said...

Oh I am in love with those yarn-bombed trees, it makes me want to do that to the trees in my garden though people might think I'm nuts, it would look super cool though. That is a lot of water rushing through the weir! After our cold snap, we have had a lot of rain and flooding though no flooding nearby. Fruit cake looks delicious too. Happy New Year and Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Darla said...

Enjoyed the photos. We are getting a lot of rain here too. Our skies look like yours, dlouds laden with water,

My name is Erika. said...

Even with the rain it was still great to see the holiday decorations. I love all the knitting. It definitely makes the trees look festive. Especially the photo of the row of trees all in their festive trunks. I hope you had a lovely T day Chris, and that 2023 is going well. hugs-Erika

Sharon Madson said...

At least your hubby smiles while you struggle to get a photo. Mine, gets frustrated and impatient with me. Happy New Year to you, and happy t day, too.

Divers and Sundry said...

We've had so much rain here, too. Your photos showing the rushing water are wild! I love that happy reaction of your husband to your photo attempts. Fun is in the little moments :) Happy T Day

CJ Kennedy said...

I can hear the water rushing! You must have had a lot of rain. Loved all the decorations especially the crochet square trees. Cute idea. Your hubby is always a good sport about T Day and pictures. He should give lessons! Happy T Day

DVArtist said...

I just love all the wonderful places you and hubby visit and then share with us. Thank you so much. Have a wonderful day.

Carola Bartz said...

I love the photo of your husband laughing, that is a great one! We're having a lot of rain right now and boy! do we need it. Still no end to our three-years-long drought, but we're getting hopeful. Unfortunately, all that heavy rain leads to flooding in some areas. Have a great 2023.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your T Tuesday host is VERY late visiting this week. Playing catch up is hard.

Wow on those Christmas decorations. The present with the babbles, the trees with the granny squares, and the decorations in the greenhouses were wonderful.

Once again, I'm with T and choose cheesecake over fruitcake any day. Thanks for sharing these incredible photos and your cakes and drinks with us for T this week, dear Chris.