Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 19 November 2021

Sunshine - not a rainy day

Hi everyone, time for some sunshine I think! It's been a bit scarce here - sunny mornings have soon turned into grey afternoons.

We had a day out yesterday - the weather forecast didn't seem too bad but it was showers on and off all morning while we were travelling then just cloud - we still had a great time though!

We have sunshine especially for my Art Journal Journey theme - 'All Kinds Of Weather'

I have used an old calendar page today, it had lots of Vintage railway posters in it.

I chose this one but wanted to add something quirky - then along came Marci and Mort - two Stampotique characters

I made a border using some stamps by Bipasha for Aall and Create.
I lightened the edges of the page with some gold paint

The Bournemouth post card is a stamp by Crafty Individuals but Mort is sure that this is NOT Bournemouth ...and he's right!

I wonder if anyone can identify this seaside resort...it's ooop North.

In other words in is in the North West of England - I'm sure someone will know....answer in my next post!

Thanks for looking, Chris



13 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

I don't care where the beach is. I just want to be there. All Winter! We did have close to beach weather on Thurs. temps were close to 70 in Boston. Unusual for November! Today things are back to normal. At least it's not snow. Enjoy the weekend!

craftytrog said...

I love that image Chris, and Marci & Mort are a great addition!

sirkkis said...

Such uplifting page 🤩 Lovely beach scene.
Happy weekend 💐

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris, Loved your beach page-I am ready for sunshine and warmth soon-Happy weekend Kathy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love the sunshine and hope someone knows where this is. I want to say Blackpool, but I'm sure I'm wrong. I have seen this somewhere on TV.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Gosh, I got carried away and forgot to thank you for this lovely entry at Art Journey Journal. I like what you did with framing the image, too.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Yes quirky and delightful! xoxo

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous journal page, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

This is a fun page Chris. I love the old calendar page by itself, and you have made it better by adding those fun people and the background details. Oh a beach day would be nice. It is sunny but cold here today especially after coming back from a more balmy California. Smile. Happy weekend Chris. hugs-Erika

ChrisO said...

Hi Chris, it's New Brighton, Wirral. The fort and the lighthouse give it away. Missed you at Port Sunlight this year.
Chris

Neet said...

Smacked hand for me - not knowing it was New Brighton. It looks lovely and I just love the humour of the two little boys - not Bournemouth indeed!
Brilliant!
Hugs, Neet xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Great use of the postcard Chris. Marci & Mort are fab stamps. It's amazing how weather can be so different in the UK we on the other hand have had a glorious November, blue skies with just enough rain to keep the plants watered.
Gone very cold today though... winter is coming.
Hugs Tracey x

Meggymay said...

The beach scene sure looks inviting and somewhere with warm weather always looks inviting. A fantastic inspiration page for your AJJ theme.
Yvonne xx