Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 25 November 2021

Wind and Sun and a walk

Hi everyone, I have a journal page for my 'All Kinds Of Weather' theme at Art Journal Journey. 

The latest Wanderlust lesson was by Kate Crane - the theme is Fables so naturally with my theme in mind I chose 'The North Wind and the Sun'.

If you don't know the story it is here

The wind blew hard but all the traveller did was pull his cloak around him.
The Sun shone, gently at first but as it got hotter the traveller took his cloak off - proving that gentle persuasion is better than force.

Lots of layers here, paint, crayon, pen and scraps.
I drew my traveller and then added a sun and a dark windy cloud.

Hubby chose 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf'
The story is here

We went for a walk at Styal Mill today.
No wind, lots of sun but quite cold. The colours of Autumn are still strong here.














We are off for a French Evening here at our Retirement Complex.
Thanks for looking, Chris

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Chris, love all the beautiful photos, so lovely. You evidently had good weather. I love both of your journal pages, such fun! Great work for AJJ! Hugs, Valerie

Neet said...

Well, I am so impressed by hubbies journal page. What great drawing skills. Both of them illustrate the fables wonderfully and I love your weather - wind and sun, brilliant!
Lovely photos took Chris. Isn't autumn a beautiful season?
Hugs, Neet xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

First, those are great journal pages from both of you! Very impressive!
Next, I guess it's because I have only really lived a daily life in the American South, but my eye is always always drawn to the signs of age and of water meeting land in your photos, Chris. SO different than where I live. What I mean is, the water running through the bottom of the brick building that is hundreds of years old, how does that last? Also the waterways at this place look like they were manmade and have bricked banks. Wow, just so different. And I could NEVER get a photo of the late afternoon sun like you did. Atmospherically different places, I know, I love to note the differences, I suppose. Hope your soiree was nice, xoxo

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun interpretations of the fables. Beautiful scenery

My name is Erika. said...

These fable pages you and the hubby made are fantastic Chris. And I love how you tied yours into AJJ also. It is a really fun page. And after all the food yesterday for Thanksgiving I could use a walk, especially one as pretty as yours. Too bad a virtual walk doesn't burn a lot of calories. Smile. Have a super start to your weekend. Hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

Wonderful pages Chris, I love the fables theme.
Great photos too.
Happy Friday,
Alison

nwilliams6 said...

Very cool theme for the pages you and hubby did. I really like what each of you did. Very fun! Still so amazed that your husband does these too - I am still working on mine. Love the pictures, Chris. Hugz

Meggymay said...

Lovely photos Chris and fantastic art pages from you both, I wonder how much damage was done in the storm in those lovely gardens you enjoy walking through.
Yvonne xx