Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 10 July 2021

Time in the country

Well, hello everyone! I'm not out in the countryside but I am wondering where the time goes.

I suppose I shouldn't, as yesterday and today I have been assembling Covid safe craft bags for a craft morning next Wednesday for five regulars.The bags need to be untouched for 72 hours. 

Our last time together was early 2020. We will be playing with Distress Inks so the bags contain some mini ink pads, glue, water sprays as well as cards, water colour card and a few other bits and pieces - we are hoping for a day without breeze so that we can sit outside but we have an alternative of the conservatory with all the windows open. 

I have made a tip-in for Alison's 'Summer Countryside' theme at Art Journal Journey. I started it a while ago but it needed something more. I am happier now although my birds still look like flying dolphins!

I used Derwent Inktense water colours and sticks for my page.

I do love to see wild flower meadows - some of the traffic Islands around here are looking fabulous too!

Thanks for looking, Chris
 

12 comments:

sirkkis said...

A beautiful painting.
Have a great Sunday xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Your journal page is lovely. Have fun with your crafting group, sounds like a great idea. Hope the weather will be kind to you. Hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

I love your painting Chris enjoy time crafting with friends hugs Kathy

Annie said...

A pretty country summer scene. I love the look of the background, particularly around the trees. I see now how to create a colorful meadow of wild flowers. Your painting is coming to life in my mind.

craftytrog said...

A beautiful summery scene Chris! Hope you enjoy your crafting group, it sounds lovely.
Happy Sunday,
Alison xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Stunning. I think this is a real beauty, Chris. It looks like a real countryside that I would picture in my mind. It's a beautiful entry for Alison's theme. I hope you and your craft friends have a safe and enjoyable time together.

My name is Erika. said...

You made a beautiful page Chris. I like the pops of color for the wildflowers blooming. And those trees are amazing. But my favorite part is that little gate you snuck in, right in the middle to catch our eyes, although it would be easy to overlook. This is perfect for Alison's challenge. Hope your weekend is going well. Hugs-Erika

Neet said...

Good luck with the class - and thanks for sharing your journal page. Definitely a lovely day in the countryside here Chris. Can I join you for a picnic in that field of flowers please?
Hugs, Neet xx

Meggymay said...

A lovely page Chris, it was good to read that your craft class is getting started again.
Yvonne xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This is a lovely page Chris, so delicate.. The wildflower meadow is so pretty.
I hope you enjoyed your crafty gathering yesterday, how lovely to be creating with creative friends for real again. Take care Tracey xx

nwilliams6 said...

Chris, some great painting and playing here. Love the sky and details like the birds, flowers, and trees. Super lovely and perfect the AJJ challenge theme. Reminds me of your pretty garden walk pictures with your hubby.

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, lovely... I should like to walk over and see what lies beyond that gate. Gorgeous background skies/hills/imagination.
Alison x