Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 18 July 2021

In the country...

 Hi everyone, I have been struggling to find time to get everything done lately. We have had a few appointments, hopefully the last one is tomorrow, I also have a special post coming up later this week.

I did make a journal page, it took a few days to to it!

I painted this little scene for my class here last week (it was one of several)

I drew a frame for it and added some blue and green wash to the page.

The greenery is  different green inks through a stencil with a variety of stems and the words at the top are from a very old block mounted stamp.

I am celebrating a 'Summer Countryside' at Art Journal Journey where Alison of Words and Pictures blog is hosting.

Hopefully normal service will be resumed soon!

Thanks for looking, Chris

7 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I like your painted countryside and how you used it on your page Chris. It's lovely. It works perfect for Alison's challenge. Have a great new week. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page Chris, have a great week, hugs, Valerie

Gerrina said...

I like the serene feel' this one gives me... Hugs, Gerrina

Meggymay said...

A beautiful quote and countryside page Chris, so restful to look at.
Hope youe week goes well.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

A beautiful calming page Chris! xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm going to have that song in my head for days, now. I love the frame. It ooks ike I am loooking into a window The stenciled grasses add interest to the piece. This is a great entry for Alison's theme, too.

Words and Pictures said...

Just lovely - the rolling hills of the countryside are so pretty, and I love the layered stencilling in the foreground in all the shades of green. Hope things settle down for you soon... I'm having the same problem with keeping up with stuff.
Alison x