Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 2 July 2021

Second Look on the 2nd - France!

 Hi everyone, I very nearly forgot that it was time to join Bleubeard and Elizabeth for a Second Look on the 2nd.

I am going back to July 2013 and my first trip to stay with my (ex)SIL near Poitiers

It was on this trip that I visited Aleanor of Aquitaine's tomb

                      ---------------------

I been having fun with two of my grandchildren but I've also finally completed my journal, give or take a few things being tucked into pockets!




I was talking about this today and I really love having a little journal I can pick up and look at - when pictures are on the computer I rarely look at them. It also means I can write down my thoughts about things I've seen!
If you would like to see the rest of my pages they are here and here

                    -----------------------

My next post will definitely have a 'Closer look at Bodnant Garden'.

When I wrote this last sentence I had no idea that Blogger had decided to publish it on 30th June - before I had completed the post - If you would like to see it it is here

Thanks for looking, Chris

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful photos and album, It's good to have pictures in an album! Have a happy day, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is definitely a first look for me, Chris. It's a beautiful entry and I love that you shared it with us today. You have been making gorgeous art since before I knew you. Your pages are impressive and colorful. Thanks for this second look on the 2nd, dear friend.

My name is Erika. said...

What a fabulous journal Chris. I didn't know Eleanor was buried in France. Her tomb looks artistically beautiful. Thanks for sharing this for a second look so it can be a first look for me. Hope it's a nice weekend. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Opposite for me. I would rarely look at the pages. Sad, but true. But then mine are mixed media attempts from years ago and not art journaling with memories in them. I have never tried that before. I am a word journaler, though. Blogging is as close as I get to an illustrated journal--ROFL! ;)

craftytrog said...

Beautiful pages Chris! It sounds like an interesting trip, I love visiting places like that.
Happy weekend to you,
Alison xx

Sharon Madson said...

Oh, I love this journal! Thank you for showing this post again! We both went back to 2013 fo r our seconds. :). I wanted to apologize for your comments not “taking”. I don’t know why, but will keep my eye out from now on. I appreciate your visits and comments, Chris.

Rajani Rehana said...

Fabulous post