Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 5 May 2020

T stands for......this and that!

Hi everyone! 
Really....a week? I look around and see nothing that actually says 'mission accomplished'.....does it matter?
The answer is no, not really, we are still getting bits and pieces done or partly done, we are watching some catch up series on TV and still enjoying cooking sessions either in turns, or as a joint effort! 
We had intended doing a jigsaw but the table was needed for sorting out papers and we've given up on the idea for a while! We have both been doing word or number puzzles torn from newspapers or supplements that we would have taken on travels(they are easy to do on train journeys and can easily be discarded once done)No travelling for the time being so we thought why not sit on the balcony and look out at the trees not going by!!

I have quite a few backgrounds in some of my journals and I have started making samples for the Crafty Individuals Hochanda shows next month. 
Here is page I actually completed for Mia's 'Flowers' theme at Art Journal Journey.
I used a brayer to put some Distress Oxide colours on my page, spritzing and drying between layers of Picked Raspberry and Tea Dye and then added some stencilling using the dotty stencil and Cracked Pistachio ink. I used a small background stamp by Tracy Evans after stamping and colouring the gorgeous flowers by Bipasha, using Derwent Inktense water colour pencils. 

I also got around to making a cloth to cover the IKEA storage block that my pear collection sits on...most of these were bought for me, I bought one of the wooden ones and then hubby bought me another!

We saw these beautiful colours the other evening, across the car park.

 I also have our drinks of water to show you for T Stands for Tuesday over at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog The Altered Book Lover.
This is a meal that we made together, I can't imagine how long it would have taken one of us on our own, as there were so many ingredients in this Tagine - and lots of chopping and cutting! It has a lot of vegetables and a little chicken.
It's a good job we weren't planning on having a dessert...we halved a recipe for 4!!!

As I am so late posting I suspect that once again many of you will be receiving belated T day wishes so can I just say now....Happy T Day to everyone!

I'm sure that you are all doing your best to stay safe, this will all be over one day, but for now we must be patient!

Thanks for looking, Chris


21 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Gosh, this feels good. For once I'm not the last person to leave a comment. I'll start with your lovely journal entry you made for Mia's theme at Art Journal Journey. I love those flowers you stamped and colored. That background is truly lovely, too. Thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey.

T looks like he's enjoying the moment. Gosh, that's a LOT of food. I can only imagine how long it took the two of you to create this. It looks wonderful. I can see why water would be your choice, too.

Thanks for sharing your incredible journal entry, your photos of the condo area, your pear collection and storage, and your meal and water with us for T this Tuesday. Yes, it;s definitely still Tuesday in my world. Stay safe, too, dear friends (both of you).

kathyinozarks said...

Your journal page is really pretty, I love your collection of pears! and wow that is allot of food sounds delish though. Our state of Missouri is opening up now-with guidelines. we'll all get to the other side of this eventually.
Happy T wishes Kathy

Meggymay said...

Its a fantastic journal page Chris and thank you for linking up with Mia's Art Journal Journey theme.
Your pear collection looks lovely they all look so beautiful and tactile.
The meal you made together looks delicious, I miss not having Dave to help with the preparation just now, but he still adds his opinion to how I chop up the onions. etc.
Happy T day wishes.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Linda Kunsman said...

wonderful soft grungy journal page Chris. That is a unique collection of beautiful pears! So lovely to see everything in bloom...
and your Tagine looks amazing!!! Kudos to you both for such a delicious looking meal-and doing it together. No way I want my hubby in the kitchen when I'm cooking:):) Happy T day!

Karen said...

Yum dinner looks terrific! Nice that you chopped together ~Your journal page is beautiful! It's the second time I've read something inspiring today about being optimistic ~ Which is a good thing to be. I enjoyed seeing your pear collection and the light in the trees ~ Enjoy the rest of your week!

Karen said...

Yum dinner looks terrific! Nice that you chopped together ~Your journal page is beautiful! It's the second time I've read something inspiring today about being optimistic ~ Which is a good thing to be. I enjoyed seeing your pear collection and the light in the trees ~ Enjoy the rest of your week!

Divers and Sundry said...

The pears make a good collection. What a delicious meal, made all the more enjoyable by the combined effort :) Happy T Tuesday!

My name is Erika. said...

Chris that is a wonderful page. And the quote is so appropriate. Thanks so much for linking up to AJJ. And those pears are Fabulous. I have never seen pears like that and when I first read it all I could think of was wax fruit. Nope, these are so much more! And your tagine looks beyond delicious. I think the two of you are having fun in the kitchen. My husband and I are doing the same and it is a lot of fun. Hope it was a great T day. Hugs-Erika

Kate Yetter said...

Your meal looks delicious! How fun that you and your hubby cook together. Your journal page is lovely and I love the flower stamp.
I love eating pears but I have never seen a collection of them. Your is very pretty.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Valerie-Jael said...

Happy T Day! You surely won't go hungry with those platefuls, I need to organise myself some breakfast! Love ll your pears, so prett. I like the glass ones best. I used to have a whole plat of glass fruit and somehow one day it landed up on my daughter's table - strange, huh! I suppose it's still there.... Have a great day, hugs, Valerie
Lovely journal page, too!

J said...

Hi Chris, I'm late with my visits as we had to put some tiles back on a wall, they fell of for some reason but they have been there in the hot sun for 18 years!!
You have made a lovely journal page and your meal looks delicious, Steve loves to cook and is always found in the kitchen, I'm the one who does the dishes!! suits me as it's so long since I had to cook I don't really enjoy doing too much any more, although I love baking, pastry that is.
Enjoy the rest of the week,
Jan x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Your art journal page is beautiful. Nice assortment of photos. It is challenging to find things to photograph with these Lock Downs in place. As you said, some day this will all be over, so in the meantime, we need to be patient. Happy belated T-Day!

Rita said...

Lovely journal page. It's funny how if you start any kind of collection people will keep gifting you new ones. Looks like a delicious meal. :)

Eileen Bergen said...

Just curious, Chris - are you on Horchanda's design team? You're so talented that I wouldn't be surprised.

The fabric you used for the table cover is very attractive. Pretty pear collection too.

We've been cooking very simply. Some nights we just have a sandwich. Good for you guys for making tagine. It looks delicious.

Happy T-Day! Eileen xx

Caty said...

Woww This is a super wonderful Art journal page Chris !! I loove the gorgeous background you have created, and the flowers too.
Beautiful sky ! and great collection of pears ! they are fantastic. Well, your meal looks yummy, wish you spent a nice T-day.
I wish you a very happy evening, stay safe, and
Big hugs,
Caty

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I missed you somehow, sorry!
Great work and quote!
Yes, I love chopping stuff up with my Hubby, too. Usually he does the cooking then.

A belated T-day to you, Chris xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a pretty page and I loved seeing you pear collection 😀. Your meals looks delicious too - yum! Sending you Happy T Day wishes! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Lisca said...

Sorry I'm a bit late... ok, very late!
A lovely floral journal page there. I like the quote too.
Wow, that tagine dish looks really yummy. Well done you two for prepping all those veg. I assume half of it went into the freezer. I don't have a tagine so I can't make it. I suppose I could use the slow cooker. I must look into that as your dish looks really really yummy.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs (yes, the virtual ones are allowed),
Lisca

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderfully fun post! Great journal page - so many cool things to look at and think about. My favorite thing is the dinner you made though - makes me want to try something like it. Love all your fun pears!!! Wonderful post. Hugz

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely blush of rosy warmth on your pretty page here, Chris - and I loved examining your pear collection. The metal textured one towards the front and middle is amazing, and I think the vintage script on the cloth sets them off perfectly. The tagine looks delicious!
Alison x