Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 12 May 2020

Feminine at TIOT

We have a fabulous new challenge at Try It On Tuesday - Lovely Ladies - we are asking you to include a female (or more than one) image on your entry. There's a wonderful variety from the Design Team.

I made a journal page...
I inked the page using distress inks, then added some stenciling with an Aall and Create stencil. I also inked some multi surface paper with DIs and added more stencilling and stamped the large Tracy Evans flower.I deliberately didn't add too much ink to the stamp or press on very hard as I wanted this to be a background that didn't detract from the Stamperia image. I tore around the edges of both and layered them up with some ribbon, a cut out flower and some letters that had been in a box tucked away out of sight for a while.
I stamped Fearless - another Tracy Evans stamp that I felt appropriate for the image and the words.

I hope you can join us at TIOT this time - as usual it runs for two weeks from today - there are a few rules and guidelines here about how to enter.

I've just remembered I meant to enter this at Art Journal Journey and Mia's 'Flowers' theme!

Thanks for looking, Chris 

17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful journal page Chris, love the faded colours, too. Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

A beautiful page Chris and great sentiments/ I love the colour tones you added and the stamps.
Stay safe .
Yvonne xx

Cath Wilson said...

Fabulous face, Chris. I love this and especially the Fearless bit - yay for we girls!
Cath x

My name is Erika. said...

This is beautiful Chris. I love all the layering and the face is amazing. Fearless is a word that we can all use now too. Hugs-Erika

Mrs.B said...

A lovely page Chris, a beautiful face which goes so well with the soft shades you used. Love the flower as a background.
Avril xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Stunning page! I'm loving your beautiful design and the Stamperia image of the lady that you used, it's gorgeous 😁. I hope you're having a lovely week! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

Gerrina said...

A stunning spread! Love all the images and the mute colours! Hugs, Gerrina

Joan said...

Lovely page with all the layers and the fab face, love that big flower in the background too


Joan x

Helen said...

stunning page Chris!

Helen said...

What a stunning art journal spread! LOVE the image of your lovely lady and the flowers.. so soft and fearless!! ((HUGS)) Helen

Caty said...

Oh what a so so Gorgeous Art journal page Chris !! I love these so great colours, the beautiful stamps, and the lady. Great layers and sentiment.
Wish you very nice Wednesday, stay safe and
Big hugs, Caty

Meggymay said...

So glad you remembered to link with Mia's theme at ALL its a fabulous page.
Yvonne xx

Mia said...

What a beauty, Chris! You made a stunning page using this gorgeous image. Thank you so much, my friend, for joining again my challenge at AJJ. Kisses!

Words and Pictures said...

I'm completely in love with this page - there's something so calming, and yet with a tinge of melancholy about the colours. The large flower, partially stamped and that beautiful face with its echoing daisies, and then the lovely flower head right at the centre. This is a version of pink/femininity that I can get on board with (where the bubblegum plastic pink forced on little girls these days makes me want to vomit!). Beautiful, subtle, powerful... that's a woman, for sure.
Alison x

kathyinozarks said...

Chris I love your journal page-just beautiful! hugs

Marjut said...

Fantastic page!

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderfully done. I love the quote and that very cool lady. Super stenciling too. Fabulous!