Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 10 August 2019

Inspiration...

Hi everyone, we managed to get our shopping done this morning before the wind started to blow too much! 
We have been reasonably lucky here,although we have had some heavy downpours! 
I hope that the recent power cuts didn't affect anyone too much in the South of England.

We have a few birthdays to celebrate this month so I will have a few  cards to show you in time!

This first card was inspired by seeing Alison's cards for Simon Says Stamp Monday...and having some new stamps to play with!
Alison used a small piece of book paper and I wanted something to balance the sprigs in the bottom right so I stole borrowed her idea.

The stamps are by AALLandcreate and I have had stamp envy for a while, so when I finally got around to ordering a new stencil, they just sort of...err...fell into my basket!

This is a combination of two sets by Bipasha along with one of the very first AALLandcreate stamp sets I bought at Paris Scrap Expo in 2017 by Autourdemwa.

I am entering the celebrations at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge-Happy Birthday -where they are 9 years old!

On the day I was supposed to post this card I took it with me to Little Moreton Hall and saw these.



Now, I know poppies are for remembrance....and I did remember that I had a card to post, only thing is by the the time we had been around the moat and then on to our other destination by the time we found a post box the last post had been collected...so we brought it back to our home, consequently my card would arrive a day late so I hastily stamped onto the envelope a "sorry it's late" sentiment and hubby popped in our local postbox!


I think some of you know that I love wild flowers and spotted thees in the hedgerow


 The moat is full of fish we were told - this is the only one I saw
 Here is clue to our other destination - does any one recognise it?

I'll be back soon!
Thanks for looking, Chris

  

19 comments:

Helen said...

What a beautiful card! not surprised you had to buy the stamps!

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the card. Poor you, must be awful having to buy stamps again and have other things falling into your basket, oh dear! Lovely photos, too. Hugs, Valerie

Dora said...

Beautiful. Also your pictures.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

To be honest, this is one stamp I would USE. I love the artsy collage feel to it. I really LOVE it. You did a great job and made a beautiful collage, too.

Beautiful photos of the poppies and also the lovely wildflowers. These are fabulous photos. Thanks for saving the poppy photos until today, dear.

Kinga K. said...

I love flowers♥

Gibby Frogett said...

Love your card Chris - those AALL & C are fabulous and always tempting :)
The poppies are lovely - the paint spatters are cool.
Your photos are wonderful but I've no idea where you were.
Well its a bit less windy down here today - thankfully - hope its not bad up there at your end of the world.
Have a good new week.
Gill x

My name is Erika. said...

I love this card! And how you also showed us wildflowers (they kind of match the card but definitely match your theme). Beautiful post Chris. Hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

It's a gorgeous card Chris, and I love your photos of the flowers.
Alison xx

Rita said...

I often have things fall into my cart--LOL! Pretty stamp and lovely card. Sweet flowers to find. I Have always loved wildflowers. :)

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Chris, I love your card, and those photos of the poppies and wildflowers are just beautiful. No I don't recognize that last photo-Happy Sunday hugs Kathy (and thanks for visiting)

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, what a stunning card - the poppies are gorgeous (I can understand them falling into your basket!), and I love the grasses growing over the kraft and into the light of the white panel. I'm so happy to have played a small part in the inspiration... Steal away! (except that phrase means I'm now singing spirituals in my head).

Beautiful photos as always... I see where the other main inspiration came from - what glorious poppies in real life too.
Alison x

Divers and Sundry said...

I like how you adapted the idea to balance your lovely card.

Those poppies are so pretty, and the wildflowers are always a welcome sight :)

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Chris and I've got stamp envy for that one too - might just have to give in!
Lovely photos of the wild flowers but not sure where you were headed off to.
Avril xx

Dianne said...

Beautiful wildflowers...in the hedgerows and on your card! Always so enjoy my visits here and your gorgeous photos. See you on Instagram too! hugs!

Meggymay said...

It is a beautiful card Chris abd of course the stamp looks lovely.
Good to see more of your super photos.
Yvonne xx

Marjut said...

So beautiful card and lovely photos!

Anna-Karin said...

This poppy card is gorgeous! I love the red and kraft color combo, the funky stamping, all the splatters and the small piece of old book paper. Wonderful photos too. I also love wild flowers. Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

sarascloset said...

So happy to see your name in the Spotlight at SSS, Chris! And I can see why! Your card is just gorgeous! hugs!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, yay! So well-deserving of the spotlight over at SSS - delighted to see this beautiful card there.
Ax