Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 4 August 2019

Finding faces!

Hi everyone! When I saw Gill's post about seeing faces in clouds etc I must admit it rang a bell with me! One of my favourite motorway games is looking for faces or creatures in the clouds. I was reminded that our bathroom tiles seem to have lots of different faces on them, so I took some photos and was going to draw one of them my journal....except..I found a face on a page I had used as a mop up!
 Can you see?
This is who it was. I used a Pitt Pen to draw some features and then added some white paint to the eyes, nose and lips.
I added some random stamping using some AALL and Create stamps.
I am joining in with Gill's brilliant 'Anything with Eyes' theme at Art Journal Journey.

I think now may be the time to show you some of the faces we saw in France.
 This is in Poitiers, can you see the lady in the river?

Next comes a parked car we spotted opposite the Bouquinistes on the way to see Notre Dame in Paris.



We saw this sand art while walking across a square in Paris....
 ...as well as all these faces..


I'll be back with more of Avignon soon!

I'll be watching Jean of Crafty Individuals demoing her fabulous new stamps tomorrow at 4.00pm(BST) and looking forward to seeing what my teamies have been making.....and maybe one or two of my samples too!

Thanks for looking, Chris

11 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Your pulled art is wonderful
An amazing face and the found art in France is all fantastic as well.
What a joyful entry for AJJ. Thank you for joining in with this gorgeous entry.Always exciting with this craft shows, you are such a wonderful artist! Happy new week Chris!
Susi xxx

Helen said...

it did take me a while to find the lady inthe river... when I stopped looking for a physical lady der!! that car is fabulous though

craftytrog said...

She's gorgeous Chris, and I love your photos!
Alison xxx

Gibby Frogett said...

Your post really made me smile Chris... what with the lovely photos of various art - and that car was amazing - must have taken ages to have painted it.
I had fun seeing all sorts in that river...the lady I saw was side profile looking to left and I also saw a barn owl (at bottom of photo) side view looking right.
And the face you saw on your journal page was fabulous.. I love all the additions to complete the page - brilliant!
Thanks for joining in once again at AJJ.

Glad to hear that you are safe where you are from any poss flooding. I'm still following WB events - weather possibly not good later in week I think :( hopefully forecast wrong and it keeps dry.
Gill x

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm getting such a kick out of that car. What a fun car to drive!

Meggymay said...

A super post Chris. I also like to look for faces in unusual places. I think we have faces of dogs blended into our bathroom tiles.
A super page today and great photos.
Yvonne xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your journal page is beautiful, Chris. I actually came to tell you I got your package, and it's now on my blog. Running late as usual, but LOVED all those faces. Thanks for sharing your lovely journal page with us at Art Journal Journey, and THaNK YOU beyond belief for your lovely gifts and ATC.

My name is Erika. said...

Those are fabulous faces in your photos, as interesting as your mop up page face. Is she wishing for something or looking at something above her like a bird? Hmm. Nice art Chris. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

Marjut said...

Fantastic page and photos :)

Words and Pictures said...

How funny - I immediately saw a face in your mop up page too, but mine was a sad frowning face looking down to the right. I was so surprised when I scrolled down to see yours... but yes, she's definitely there too. Beautifully done. And oh my word that woman in the river is haunting. Great to see so much street art, especially those incredible sand pets - wow!
Alison x

Neet said...

I must admit I didn't see a face in your mop up page but can see it now that you have added features. I do see them in clouds though.
Thanks for the faces from your holiday.
Hugs, Neet xx