Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 6 August 2019

T Stands for...the Gifts, ATCs and Music

I can hardly believe a week has passed so quickly!

It has been quite a busy week and one with a few surprises!

First this arrived.. such a beautiful textured ATC
..along with these gifts from Caty, so many lovely things! I was especially thrilled to open the little bag of crocheted flowers and borders...I have still not learned how to crochet so I will really enjoy using these! Thank you so much Caty, the magnet is already on my crafting cart.
The next surprise came from a neighbour, who asked me if I would like her old crafting things, she now prefers sewing!
It will give quite a boost to the Messy Craft group - I still have to arrange to pick them up as we met while she was on her way to hang out her washing and we were on our way shopping!!

My latest surprise was this morning when another package arrived from my PIF partner Nita of Divers and Sundry. Sorry I didn't e-mail  but I knew I was going to post this evening and thought I would surprise you!


I was thrilled to receive not just one, but three of her fabulous ATCs along with a lovely ribbon loop for my bag, along with some ribbon and lace, some little embellishments and a postcard!
Thank you so much, I'm afraid I took a hurried photo as I have been having a bit of a sort out today before friends come tomorrow!

I really should get on and show you my drink today so that I can join Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands for Tuesday!

 We were in Avignon for the Night Of Music - where musicians are given the chance to perform - it is national event..you may remember we were in Paris a few years ago for this event. We were entertained by a mime artiste while we ate our veggie filled crepes and drank our water! He was so lovely wth the children who went up to him.

 This is the band that played on the nearby stage.
 On the way back to the hotel we stopped to listen to this guitarist outside a bar...
 ...and then stopped by to listen to this brilliant reggae band who
were playing in the gardens I showed you a couple of posts ago
        

 We hadn't spotted this English telephone box before!
 As we went out of the city gate lots of people were just starting their visit to the Night of Music
The gardens outside the gate are left pretty much to grow as they please!

I still have more of Avignon...but not tonight...zzzzz

Thanks for looking, Chris

17 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Looks like YOU made out like a bandit, too. How fortunate for you that your neighbor wants to give you her craft supplies. I'd be in hog heaven, especially if it was some expensive product I couldn't afford.

Wonderful gifts from Caty. I got very similar items and laughed when you mentioned the magnet. I had one of those DUH moments (grin).

Lovely ATCs from Divers and Sundry. Three are a true bonus. Love how people have spread the love.

You two must have really enjoyed your meal. A mime, music, and good food. What more could one ask for. Thanks for sharing your gifts, your ATCs and your meal and water with us for T this Tuesday. Enjoy your sleep.

Kate Yetter said...

Avignon is lovely. That phone box is fabulous and so is that building that looks like the top of a castle.
Your atc's and goodies are wonderful. It is always fun to think up new projects when you get happy mail. Can't wait to see what you make with your goodies.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful post-and congrats on the craft supplies-so much fun!! lovely gifts too, great music and food too-hugs Happy T Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

Nice that you got happy mail too. It is fun to get it, isn't it? And finally we get to find out Divers and Sundry's name. Those are super ATC's she made too. Happy T day Chris. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Enjoy the mail and gifts from Caty. Your food looks great as always, and wonderful photos, thanks for sharing, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

You'll have such fun rummaging through all that given crafty stuff Chris, so nice for it to be passed on to someone who will give it a happy home. Beautiful captured photo's looks so lovely. Wonderful happy mail, people are so kind.
Happy T Day Hugs Tracey xx
P.S Just watched the CI shows recorded yesterday, stunning stamps & samples!

Meggymay said...

You are going to have fun using your goodies Chris.
Lovely phots and the food looks delicious.
Happy T day wishes Chris.
YVonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what fabulous ATCs and goodies! I can't wait to see what you create with them šŸ˜. Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

froebelsternchen said...

Wonderful mail and gifts from the lovely Caty. Wow, this food looks tempting! Such wonderful photos, thanks for sharing all your adventures with us!

Happy T-Day dear Chris!
Susi xxx

Lisca said...

Happy mail all around! She sent you some lovely things, AND you got not one, not two but three ATCs! You have been spoilt!
I enjoyed the photos of Avignon. What a good idea to have a free music festival. I assume that normally one has to apply for a license to be able to play on the street, but that particular weekend, the permits weren't needed. What fun.
It is so nice of your neighbour to give you her craft supplies. I am sure it will be useful whatever it may be. I got a lot of lacemaking stuff when a friend of my mum's gave up her lacemaking.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Divers and Sundry said...

Hoorah! I'm so glad it got there :) I expected the mailing to be complicated, but when I took the addressed envelope up to the counter she told me the price and sent me on my way lol I don't know why I expected a bunch of questions and mailing options and complications.

Now, I am truly inspired by Caty's depth and texture, and I do want to learn how to make the next level of card and up my game. The crafting supplies from your neighbor will be a lot of fun to go through :)

Your trip is filled with art and music and food and entertainment and so many memories in the making. I feel real joy in this trip. Happy T Tuesday!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I love Nita's ATCS, Chris. Lucky you! The night of music in Avignon sounds magical.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

You received some great goodies in the mail. I love that textured ATC: she was very creative to use beads on it. I like that postcard that's mixed in with the other lovely items. Your meal looks good. Wonderful photos of the various entertainers. I like the English telephone box. (There's a local pub here in the US that has reproduction ones outside of their restaurants. I should try to get a photo of one of them.) That city gate is impressive looking. Happy T-Day!

Words and Pictures said...

What lovely happy mail, and what a happy post too, full of music and performance. Avignon is very high on my wishlist of places to visit so I'm happy to do so even by proxy, thank you!
Alison x

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful page. It's making me long for the little beach on Enders Island where I was on retreat. No lapwings. Just seagulls, geese, and songbirds like cardinals, sparrows. Such lovely mail art surprises!Will be fun to see what you created with the goodies. Your night of music sounds like a fun event and your dinner looks delish. I'm always amazed that your hubby smiles for the T pics. Himself usually rolls his eyes or frowns! Happy T Day! ☕

Caty said...

Woowww, your gifts are wonderful Chris !! I´m so happy you like them all. The Atc from Divers and Sundry are Amnazing, and I´m sure you will create gorgeous Art!! Thank you very much again for your Wonderful Atc and all the goodies you sent me, they are a treasure. happy T-day !! (sorry I´m late visiting)
Lovely photographs from your trip !! Love these places, beautiful music soirƩe. Happy moments!
I wish you a very nice afternoon, and I send you big big hugs.
Caty

Halle said...

Nice goodies from your neighbor. Thanks for sharing some great photos.
Happy T day!