Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 20 April 2019

The right answer!!!

Hi everyone, it's taken a while to get back here, I was asked to go and help a friend out after we came back from shopping.

I had a journal page that wasn't quite finished and I am glad I left it or I would not have thought to add some sparkle to the fish.
I started the page by using some water colour pencils, then added quite a lot of water in some areas and blew it around with a straw.
I use Paper Artsy's Scrapcosy stamps(ESC10)- the fish and the reeds and added some doodled bubbles, fish and fronds.I wanted to find some words but went on to something else - when I came back to it I had found the words in Tim Holtz's snarky comments. 
I wasn't sure it was finished, looked around my desk and decided to add some Nuvo glitter accents the fish.

I hope you like this page which I am linking to Art Journal Journey and Wendy's 'Having Fun' theme.

An update on the knee....it seems I have arthritis in my knee (to keep company with both of my big toes!!) and may just have to have a new knee at some time in the future - I have started taking fish oil  capsules and hoping that they help as well as painkillers I take at night!

Thanks for looking, Chris

10 comments:

Helen said...

hope the arthritis doesn't get any worse and the fish oil helps. Love this page, the fronds are fab!

froebelsternchen said...

I cross my fingers for your knee - hope the fish oil helps you Chris! I LOVE this fishy page and the sparkle you used is superb! Another wonderful entry for Art Journal Journey my friend! Thank you very much for all your support and the special support for Elizabeth!
Happy Easter !!!!!

Rita said...

Such a pretty page!
Arthritis is a foe that creeps in softly and causes adaptations and adjustments. I hope the fish oil helps. :)

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm going to remember your straw idea. I like how this pretty piece turned out. The sparkles were a fun addition.

We all get arthritis eventually, I think. Mine's in my right hip. I hope yours is like mine and doesn't get noticeably worse.

WendyK said...

Just love your page, the watercolouyr background is lovely and the whole page comes together beautifully. Thank you once again for sharing with us on Art Journal Journey.
Hugs Wendy

Joan said...

Fab fishy page Chris and a great sentiment too! Sorry to hear you have arthritis in your knee (me too!) I have rheumatoid arthritis which is really playing up at the moment but the knee, big toes and one hip are osteo arthritis, greedy me can't just have one kind!

I'm not going to Port Sunny this time , sorry in a way but it's just getting too much for me with the long journey there and back.

Joan


My name is Erika. said...

That is a cool snarky comment, and I do love the fish page. I never know to expect from your pages, there's always something different, and that is good! Always exciting to see. Too bad about the arthritis in your knee but at least it can be replaced, even though who wants surgery. Hope it was a wonderful easter Chris. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I LOVE this. It is so beautiful, the fish is glittery, the water technique is PERFECT, and the colors are divine. You have created a gem and I love the sentiment, too.

I was born with a rare form of arthritis, so I know the pain you must feel. I have it in every joint, so it can be debilitating at times. Sally has had both knees replaced, and with good therapy, she recovered quickly. I feel for you, dear friend. Whatever you do, please do NOT get hooked on pain killers.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I forgot to thank you for sharing this with us using Wendy's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear Chris.

Eileen Bergen said...

Love your page, Chris! The shimmer and snaky comments are great touches. This is a perfect example of how good it is to walk away from time to time. Ooo, knee replacement, it hurts just to think of it, though I have many friends who have had great results. Good luck. I hope the fish oil helps. It has helped me a lot. Eileen xx