Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 25 April 2019

Having Fun!

A quick post today - we are off to our caravan for a few days!

I have seen quite a few posts where stencils have been used and then drawn into so I decided to have a go!
I used a flower stencil I have had for ages over a watery stamped and stencilled background.I used a fine line pen for outlining and added some butterflies - you can probably guess that the botton right corner didn't stamp very well so I picked a piece of coloured bookpaper and stamped the butterfly again - I think there maybe a fault in the stamp as it still hasn't stamped so well!

It was still fun and I am joining in again at Art Journal Journey and Wendy's 'Having Fun' challenge
I am also joining in at Moo Mania and More with the Spring Fever challenge - this page was made after sitting in our friends' garden and spotting 3 different varieties of butterflies - now that was the real fun - the bird song was pretty good too!

Hoping to get some rest and some catching up done while we are away!

Thanks for looking, Chris

I am guessing that by now most of you know that Elizabeth is back on her own blog - Hurray!!

14 comments:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This looks lovely and Spring-like.

My name is Erika. said...

Your experiment came out great. What a super page Chris. and Thanks for reminding me about the Moo Mania challenge. Somehow it slipped my mind with everything else going on. I have just the thing for it. Enjoy the visit to your caravan. Hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

Such a beautiful Spring page Chris! xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a lovely journal page, Chris. I like the stencil experiment and it truly DOES represent spring.

I have a couple of stamps that I swear must be defective, because no matter what I do, they don't turn out right. Mine are both red rubber on a wood mount, so it may have been an error when the rubber was being removed from the molds.

Thanks, too, for joining us at Art Journal Journey. You used Wendy's theme so well!

BTW, look for an e-mail soon.

Rosie said...

Wow, your card is very beautiful, Chris

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

Divers and Sundry said...

I've never had any luck with stamps, and you've managed to do better with a defective stamp than I was ever able to with perfect ones. Lovely spring page!

froebelsternchen said...

Such a wonderful spring page Chris! You really never cease to amaze me with your unique hand!
Thank you so much for joining in at AJJ and MM&M again! Much appreciated!
Enjoy your days at the caravan!
Hugs, Susi

junemac2 said...

Chris it looks fabulous and i love the way it all comes together. The caravan sounds fun, enjoy.
Hugs June x

Meggymay said...

A lovely page Chris and super butterflies. Enjoy your caravan trip.
Yvonne xx

Marjut said...

So beautiful!

WendyK said...

A lovely Spring page Chris, gorgeous colours. Thank you so much for sharing with us again on Art Journal Journey.

Eileen Bergen said...

Lovely page, Chris. Coloring/drawing inside stencils sounds like fun. Great save on the lower right corner. It's nicely balanced by the other book paper butterfly. Have a great weekend at the caravan. Eileen x

Let's Art Journal said...

The soft background and images remind me of spring! I love to experiment and it looks like you had fun creating this page 😁. Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊 x

Michele said...

such a happy and beautiful page! xo