Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 7 April 2019

Spatter fun!

Hi everyone! We are back from our caravan and after church and lunch out with friends I can now post the page I made for Art Journal Journey and Wendy's 'Having Fun' theme!
Maybe I should have an alternate title - 'What a Difference Some Spatters Make!'

This is what I finished up with
Onto a stencilled flower background I added some scraps, words and a Sizzix Tim Holtz tattered Butterfly that I won from Craft Stamper Magazine challenge. I added some random brown inked stamps and left it - I wasn't really happy with it.
Oh! You want to see it?
  I had outlined the butterfly with a Stabilo-all blue pencil and a little water but couldn't work out what was missing!
Of course, this morning(quite early) I realised what it was....spatters of course, don't know why I couldn't workout out as I really do love spattering my pages!I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
You can also see a little bit of doodling too......aah! that's better!

While I am here I will remind you that Try It On Tuesday's challenge  - 'Use Stencil or Two' has just over another week to run.

I would like to enter at More Mixed Media Fun Anything Goes  challenge where there is an option to use yellow (which is in the background to my stencilling!)

Thanks for looking, Chris

13 comments:

Helen said...

yes, you can't beat a few splatters! Great page.

kathyinozarks said...

beautiful page!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

For some reason, I can't get a good handle on splatters. I think it's a technique that somehow eludes me. You made a wonderful and fun page, splatters and all. I like that butterfly, too. It's different from ones I've seen in the past. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at Art Journal Journey, too, dear Chris.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece, gorgeous colours. Have a great, new week, hugs, Valerie

Cath Wilson said...

Love these neutrals, Chris - the page is wonderful with and without the splatters, though I do tend to like splatters, if I'm honest. Great words, too - sometimes we do carry things into the next day and it's not always a good thing!
Cath x

My name is Erika. said...

It is funny how if you give a page a little time the magic element comes to you! Those splatters really do finish off the page. And who doesn't love butterflies? Happy new week Chris. Hugs-Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! The butterfly matches the quote wonderfully and I so enjoyed finding our how you created it too 😁. I hope you had a lovely weekend and wishing you a happy new week! J 😊 x

froebelsternchen said...

Wow - this is a brilliant page Chris!I adore your Splatter fun! Great to see it linked to AJJ ! Thank you so much my friend for supporting the collection this month again!
Happy day!
Susi♥♥♥♥ xxxx

craftytrog said...

Lovely page & lovely splatters! xx

Meggymay said...

I'm pleased you shared both versions Chris. The splatters do seem to make your fantastic page come alive.
Yvonne xx

WendyK said...

A fabulous page Chris, love the muted colours and the splatter. Thank you of joining us on Art Journal Journey.

Rita said...

Yes! The splatter made all the difference. :)

Words and Pictures said...

Such lovely gentle springtime colours and the butterfly is the perfect focal point... and you know me and my splatters - can never have too many as far as I'm concerned!
Alison x