Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 26 March 2019

T Stands For.........trying times!!

Hi everyone! Apologies if I didn't visit last T Day! I confess that there is no excuse just a succession of events that prevented me from getting organised! 
Last Tuesday we wanted to see 'Fisherman's Friends'(for those not in the UK, Fisherman's Friends are a folk group mainly comprised of fishermen) In the first of this couple of links you will see them at an awards ceremony. In this one you will also find a link to the film that has been made about their rise to fame as well as other links.
The journey was not as we planned and we ended up with some long waits for public transport, by the time we got back my leg was really hurting!

On Wednesday I had an Ultra-sound scan on my knee. 
It was the first sunny day we had had for a while so afterwards we decided to go to Dunham for lunch and a short stroll(about all my knee would let me do)It was lovely to be outdoors and without a coat!
Most of the following photos were taken by hubby who has allowed me to use them!!!

The Snakeshead Fritillary has the most amazing patterns on it's petals




 You may guess that these have been mine...hubby takes much better close ups than me!


 This Mistle Thrush was entertaining the whole garden - we heard him long before we saw him!

The Crown Imperial Fritillary seem to be little early (someone will know..wink!)


He didn't take this next one though!
This is my T day shot so that I can join Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday!


We both had Tuna jacket potatoes with coleslaw...and water to drink.
He was just putting the bill away and as you can see I got THAT look!!!!

We went up to our caravan on Thursday and hubby has rather hogged the laptop trying to book our trains for the Summer!


More sheep were let out into the lower field yesterday - I think lambing time could be getting closer
I will show you some photos of the garden another time!

I did find that short alternate resting and gentle exercise has been helping my knee get better....I'm hoping it hurries up!

Thanks for looking, Chris

21 comments:

Helen said...

well the crown imperial fritillary are coming out at Kew, but the snakeshead aren't even through yet! Great pics, thanks to hubby for letting you share them!

Linda Kunsman said...

It all looks so beautiful and truly Spring has come to you- but not yet to
me:( Thanks for sharing those brilliant photos (especially love the bird!!) and your yummy lunch. Happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

Wonderful photos! The spring flowers are delightful :) The tuna dish looks tasty. I'm glad your knee is improving. Happy T Tuesday!

Eileen Bergen said...

I love the Fisherman's Friends, Chris - even though they sang some pretty rude things about San Francisco girls in the 1st song (at the award ceremony). Grin.

The Snakeshead Fritillary looks like a whimsical flower Tamara Laporte would draw. The orange one is awesome too.

I hope your knee improves quickly. Does this program of light exercise, then rest mean the ultrasound din't show anything serious? Fingers crossed.

Happy T-day! Eileen xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Regardless who took the photographs they are gorgeous. Especially to those of us who won't see Spring flowers for another month or so. I had never seen a flower like the snakeshead fritillary. I thought it looked like something out of Alice in Wonderland. Love the photo of the sheep in the fields, too. Hope your new is feeling better. Happy T Day.

Meggymay said...

Beautiful springtime photos Chris, the flowers looked so lovely.
The jacket potato and tuna looked delicious.
I hope you are pain fee soon with your knee problems.
Happy T day wishes
Yvonne xx

kathyinozarks said...

I really enjoyed the photos that both of you took-loving all of those gorgeous spring flowers-ours are just beginning to bloom a little bit.
Hope your knee gets better soon-I know you two are always on the move visiting fabulous places.
Happy T hugs Kathy

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos, loved all the flowers and the sheep. Look after your knee. Happy T Day and hope your week will be less hectic, hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

I hope your knee is much better soon! The photos looks amazing, I loved seeing the springtime flowers and beautiful views 😁. The fritillaries are amazing and the thrush must have sounded wonderful too. Take care and Happy T Day! J 😊 x

My name is Erika. said...

Hope the knee ultrasounds shows an easy fix. That walk sure looks like it was beautiful and the perfect way to spend a spring day, too bad your knee limited you. I agree about the snakeshead fritillary though. Wow, to think nature could create such amazing patterns in petals. Hope it was a happy T day and hope you have a great week ahead. Hugs-Erika

Brenda Brown said...

Lovely photos from both of you Chris and I hope your knee gets better soon xxx

Gerrina said...

On the pictures I can see that nature is a little bit further into spring at your part of the world; our magnolia is slowly starting to bloom...

johanna said...

thanks for showing these great pics! my son (studying horticultural affairs) will be visiting kew gardens this friday (a friend of him is studying in oxford currently) and now i´m so waiting for photos, you made me very curious!
xox, johanna

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great set of photos. I especially like seeing all of the different flowers blooming. Other than crocuses, it's still a little too soon where I live in the Northeast US, but my daffodils are about to open. The food looked delicious. Happy T-Day!

Halle said...

Beautiful photos. That spotted petal flower was amazing. I've never seen anything like it before.
Happy T day!

Caty said...

OOhh these photographs are super wonderful Chris !! Love the landscapes, and the little bird. The meal may be delicious. Happy belated T-day !
And, thanks a lot for sharing those lovely photographs with us.
I wish you a very nice day,
Big hugs, Caty

Rita said...

I hope your knee gets better soon. Lovely photos. Spring has definitely arrived your way. :)

Kate Yetter said...

What an amazing looking flower! i have never seen this before but it certainly is named appropriately. It looks exactly like snakeskin. Your hubby takes beautiful photos of foliage.
Hope that your knee is feeling better soon and that your scan gives you answers.
Happy Belated Tea Day,
Kate

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm even later and more behind than you, dear friend. I was just about out the door to celebrate Sally's birthday, but I had to stop by and wish you a belated T Tuesday (on Thursday). I PROMISE to catch up later.

I was so sorry to read about your knee. I hope the low stress exercises work.

Your flower photos are amazing. I've never heard of that Snakehead flower before, but it is beautiful. Of course, all your spring flower photos are adore able, as are the birds.

I enjoyed seeing T with his adorable pose. Your tuna and potato meal looked wonderful. Water is always the perfect and wise accompaniment, too. Thanks for joining us for T this week, dear Chris, and I am sorry for showing up so late.

Lisca said...

Oh what eye candy! Those photos are great and the flowers beautiful.
You never said if you actually got to see the Fisherman's Friends. I really like them as they remind me of my childhood in St Ives Cornwall. Community singing was popular in the 50s and a lot of my childhood memories involve singing.
Jacket potato and tuna mayo is my favorite jacket potato meal. Tum.
How is your knee? Have you had results yet from the ultrasound? I hope the execises help, and that it gets better soon.
Sorry I'm, late to comment,
but a happy belated T-Day,
Lisca

Sharon Madson said...

No need to apologize; look how late I am! I just can't get around, because I can't comment on my iPad, but have to come back and power up my laptop to comment. Definitely it is not as convenient! You always share such lovely photos, and hubby always poses so happily! Food sounds good. Thanks for sharing!